John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Hi Guys

New member- Melbourne
Picked up my new VTi-LX on Monday

So far it has been a great driving experience.

I have booked the car in for it’s 1 month service already as there has been a couple of small problems.

Walk Away Auto Lock not working

Auto Door Locking not working

When I close doors, I get a “beep beep beep beep beep”

Probably only requires a computer reset in the workshop.

I can lock the doors with the remote.

I have a couple of other questions for them as well.

When I open the drivers side door, the headlights, tail lights and blinker lights come on.
I don’t think that is normal
Anyway I would prefer that not to happen

When the windscreen wipers are on Auto, are you suppose to have the wipers run at different intervals.

Regards
Sponsored

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Guys

New member- Melbourne
Picked up my new VTi-LX on Monday

So far it has been a great driving experience.

I have booked the car in for it’s 1 month service already as there has been a couple of small problems.

Walk Away Auto Lock not working

Auto Door Locking not working

When I close doors, I get a “beep beep beep beep beep”

Probably only requires a computer reset in the workshop.

I can lock the doors with the remote.

I have a couple of other questions for them as well.

When I open the drivers side door, the headlights, tail lights and blinker lights come on.
I don’t think that is normal
Anyway I would prefer that not to happen

When the windscreen wipers are on Auto, are you suppose to have the wipers run at different intervals.

Regards
Mine only ever does the crazy constant beeping when I try and walk away from the car when it's still running but I have taken away it's precious keys from it.

My headlights etc come on only when it's night time. During the day the day time driving lights comes on only and the indicators flash iirc.

Windscreen wipers on auto select what ever speed they want depending on what the sensor thinks is necessary. It irritates me so I turn it off because I never really believe that the fastest setting is necessary. That being said, I use rain-x so no wipers is sometimes and option too.

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Mine only ever does the crazy constant beeping when I try and walk away from the car when it's still running but I have taken away it's precious keys from it.

My headlights etc come on only when it's night time. During the day the day time driving lights comes on only and the indicators flash iirc.

Windscreen wipers on auto select what ever speed they want depending on what the sensor thinks is necessary. It irritates me so I turn it off because I never really believe that the fastest setting is necessary. That being said, I use rain-x so no wipers is sometimes and option too.
Thanks Ben

Have to get used to the new remote

I will reply when it goes in for service on May 4th

Should all be good then

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Ben

Have to get used to the new remote

I will reply when it goes in for service on May 4th

Should all be good then
Have you checked to see if the settings are enabled in the head unit?

I was going through settings the other day in there and you could change all those things.

I got rid of the indicator turning on the wing mirror camera which was slightly bugging me.

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Have you checked to see if the settings are enabled in the head unit?

I was going through settings the other day in there and you could change all those things.

I got rid of the indicator turning on the wing mirror camera which was slightly bugging me.
There is a problem, as the salesman also checked all the settings and could not work it out.
They spoke to Service Dept, and conclusion was to get it all reset at service.
Thanks

andee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic VTI-LX (Cosmic Blue)
What do you mean by auto door locking? do you mean the car locks when you start driving? The LX doesn't have this feature.

With the walk away beeping, are you carrying the key on its own? When it's covered up or the signal is blocked, that's what happens. Often happens when I carry the key in the same pocket as my phone. Try walk away with it in your hand or something, or keep it separate.

When I unlock the doors, I'm pretty sure my DRLs turn on.

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
What do you mean by auto door locking? do you mean the car locks when you start driving? The LX doesn't have this feature.

With the walk away beeping, are you carrying the key on its own? When it's covered up or the signal is blocked, that's what happens. Often happens when I carry the key in the same pocket as my phone. Try walk away with it in your hand or something, or keep it separate.

When I unlock the doors, I'm pretty sure my DRLs turn on.
Thanks for you reply

When I took the LX for a test drive, the Auto Door Locking was pointed out by the salesman when they locked.

My assumption when buying the top of the range LX Turbo it came with everything, including Auto Door Locking.

On page 164 of the manual Auto Door Locking/Ulocking.
All doors lock when the vehicle’s speed reaches about 15Km/h
*Not available on all models

You would think the top of the range LX would have it.

We have tried a number of things with the Walk Away Locking.
Checked that the settings were on
Did a reset
Salesman also went through the same

Not sure I like the Headlights etc coming on every time I open drivers door.

I have put the headlights timer back to Zero when I get out of car and close door so headlights go straight off.

4th May all should be fixed

Regards

andee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I was told by my dealer it doesn't come with autolocking .are there settings in the infotainment? Let me know how you go.

edit: Checked the manual. It says there should be an option in the settings>vehicle>locking/security/something. I didn't have that option.

edit 2: https://www.civicx.com/threads/doors-autolock-at-9-10-mph.3239/#post-52379 this is what it's meant to look like if we have the setting available.

Last edited:

andee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also, I noticed today that the DRLs only turn on when it's dark. If I'm parked outside in the daytime, they don't turn on as I open the door.
I park undercover so it turns on most times :p

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
also, I noticed today that the DRLs only turn on when it's dark. If I'm parked outside in the daytime, they don't turn on as I open the door.
I park undercover so it turns on most times :p
Thanks
All will be revealed at first service

I will post the outcomes

But I trust all will be fixed

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
On page 164 of the manual Auto Door Locking/Ulocking.
All doors lock when the vehicle’s speed reaches about 15Km/h
*Not available on all models

We have tried a number of things with the Walk Away Locking.
Checked that the settings were on
Did a reset
Salesman also went through the same

4th May all should be fixed
The OZ Civic does not have the auto door locking feature when reaching 15kph. I was a tad disappointed when I found out after I got my LX in 2016. Suspect its software driven so not a lot we can do about it I think.

Walk away lock can be due to the door lock control module (from memory) based on similar complaints on the main forum. I sometimes have this but simply just open and close one of the doors and it comes good. As long as it beeps once, it will auto lock. This is essential as I have found the car unlocked if there was the multiple beeping before and I just left it.

I would use your salesman as leverage with the service department as my experience here in NSW has been pretty poor. They will change your oil etc but don't expect much else. My rain sensor is still wonky half the time after I complained during my 1st oil change, they just reset it. I just had the 20k service done and mentioned some issues with the head unit, they just reset it. Showed them the Honda Service Bulletin about CVT noise during warm start, never seen or heard of it. They can't hear it.

I love the car but the after sales is certainly underwhelming to say the least. Good luck.

4th May > May the 4th (force) be with you...

Edit: Formatting

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
The OZ Civic does not have the auto door locking feature when reaching 15kph. I was a tad disappointed when I found out after I got my LX in 2016. Suspect its software driven so not a lot we can do about it I think.

Walk away lock can be due to the door lock control module (from memory) based on similar complaints on the main forum. I sometimes have this but simply just open and close one of the doors and it comes good. As long as it beeps once, it will auto lock. This is essential as I have found the car unlocked if there was the multiple beeping before and I just left it.

I would use your salesman as leverage with the service department as my experience here in NSW has been pretty poor. They will change your oil etc but don't expect much else. My rain sensor is still wonky half the time after I complained during my 1st oil change, they just reset it. I just had the 20k service done and mentioned some issues with the head unit, they just reset it. Showed them the Honda Service Bulletin about CVT noise during warm start, never seen or heard of it. They can't hear it.

I love the car but the after sales is certainly underwhelming to say the least. Good luck.

4th May > May the 4th (force) be with you...

Edit: Formatting
Thank you for your reply

4th May is coming

All the questions I have mentioned all stem from the lack of information specific to the LX in the Owners Manual.

When I say lack of information, I refer to the statement “Not Available On All Models” through out the Manual.
So, you are never sure which model they are referring to.

I wrongly thought that as the LX was the top of the range, it would be equipped with all the features.

Thanks again

andee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just so I don't have to create a new thread,
I recently got my car independently serviced and after resetting the oil-life monitor it's just reading "-----" KMs. I've driven 400km since.

I've tried holding down enter on the steering wheel to reset, and also resetting via the infotainment.

Any ideas how to get it to show 10,000 remaining?

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Just so I don't have to create a new thread,
I recently got my car independently serviced and after resetting the oil-life monitor it's just reading "-----" KMs. I've driven 400km since.

I've tried holding down enter on the steering wheel to reset, and also resetting via the infotainment.

Any ideas how to get it to show 10,000 remaining?
Andee

Check this link
https://www.wheatonhonda.com/2015/10/19/how-to-reset-the-honda-maintenance-minder-light/

Page 503 in the manual mentions “the Trip knob”

This might be the reset button mentioned in the above link

OP
OP

Precept

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX