Honda civic 2019 honda insulator hood repair?

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 Coupe sport
Country flag
Hi,

I have a honda civic 2019 coupe sport. I took my car for maintenance and they found out that my insulator is all "chew" up or at least that what they said.

It seems it was a cat or something which i have never seen near the house. Do you guys think the same or something else? I just got the car this past may.

If you guys do think it a cat how can i avoid this?? is hard to check always if a cat is around tho.

If so should i have the dealership repair it? i see it costs around 100 bucks there or can i get it elsewhere cheaper and DIY? I am really pissed! also it seems is not cover my the insurances i bought with them and do you know if is cover by my auto insurance?

As you can see is not a big hole and it's only above the battery do you think it will burn or something they say they don't think it will. Should I?

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda civic 2019 honda insulator hood repair? thumbnail_IMG_6476

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda civic 2019 honda insulator hood repair? thumbnail_IMG_6477

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda civic 2019 honda insulator hood repair? thumbnail_IMG_6478

View attachment 205551

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda civic 2019 honda insulator hood repair? 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200317155422333_COVER

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Just buy another one from Honda and put it on yourself.

As for the cat, there's two ways of dealing with it.
1. Lethal, put some radiator fluid out in a bowl and let the fucker drink it. (I wouldn't go that route, even though I hate the cats around my house)
2. Non lethal, call the SPCA or animal control. Tell them you need a trap for cats. I think it actually cost you to rent it. They will bring you 1 and you can bait it with food and soon enough the cat will be trapped. Then you can drive it to a remote location and let it go or bring it to the animal shelter.

OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 Coupe sport
Country flag
Just buy another one from Honda and put it on yourself.

As for the cat, there's two ways of dealing with it.
1. Lethal, put some radiator fluid out in a bowl and let the fucker drink it. (I wouldn't go that route, even though I hate the cats around my house)
2. Non lethal, call the SPCA or animal control. Tell them you need a trap for cats. I think it actually cost you to rent it. They will bring you 1 and you can bait it with food and soon enough the cat will be trapped. Then you can drive it to a remote location and let it go or bring it to the animal shelter.
Yes I get it I can't do lethal we have a dog.

The other night be the non lethal.

The dealership can install it with no charge. I mean. If is worth the 100 bucks that the part costs. I added a new photo is not a big hole tho

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Just my thoughts... but I don't see enough room for a cat to get up there. I'm wondering if it's a squirrel or mice. The aftermath looks like a nest under construction maybe.

My understanding is that the thing is there to protect your hood from heat damage. I've seen aftermarket ones. If you're gonna' have to spend $100 either way, maybe there's a better one. Or maybe there's a DIY with some other (non-flammable) material.

I've been experimenting with an ultrasonic rodent scram thingy. And I just bought a small bottle of red fox piss on Amazon. The jury is still out.

Good luck.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
For real! I pop the hood at least 2x a week because I'm always screwing around. My girlfriends car at least 1x wk. I wipe things down because winter makes it messy and I always top off fluids, check battery and do visual inspection to be safe. Takes 2 minutes.

When was the last time you open the hood ?
Sponsored