Honda Civic 2017 1.0l Oil Monitoring does not functioning.

senaldulanjala

First Name
Senal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.0l SR
Country flag
Hi Guys,

In my honda civic I can't find the Oil Monitoring System information. I have a Honda Civic 1.0L SR. Manual says we can access this menu by do the following.
  1. Turn the ignition switch to On.
  2. Press the display/information button several times until spanner is displayed.
  3. Press enter button to display oil monitoring system.
I did the above steps and it shows maintenance reminder menu which shows item to be due soon in days. (I've attached an image as my car shows the maintenance minder.)

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 2017 1.0l Oil Monitoring does not functioning. 20181027_223434
Sponsored

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Is the 1L the diesel model?
If so, :popcorn:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Never heard about 1 L Civic.....:hmm:
International Civics in Asia and some parts of Europe get a 1.0 turbocharged engine. Fuel is more expensive there so as a result engines are even more downsized.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
International Civics in Asia and some parts of Europe get a 1.0 turbocharged engine. Fuel is more expensive there so as a result engines are even more downsized.

Thank you :thumbsup:

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Guys,

In my honda civic I can't find the Oil Monitoring System information. I have a Honda Civic 1.0L SR. Manual says we can access this menu by do the following.
  1. Turn the ignition switch to On.
  2. Press the display/information button several times until spanner is displayed.
  3. Press enter button to display oil monitoring system.
I did the above steps and it shows maintenance reminder menu which shows item to be due soon in days. (I've attached an image as my car shows the maintenance minder.)

20181027_223434.jpg
Look carefully in your manual, you will see that there are 2 systems: one that shows the oil life in km and another one (i don’t know how it’s called now) which shows the remaining days to a service intervention. You have the second one and seems to be newer than the first one, with oil life. My car (bought 6 months ago) has it also, athough it is a 1.5 Turbo. The implementation I have is not just a simple counter, the remaining days are calculated based on driving habbits, just like the oil life. The counter went to 30 days in ~5 months and 10.000 km (6000 miles). When you get below 30 days remaining it will also display what needs to be changed (the code, as per the manual). When I asked the dealer why do I have this system and not the one with oil life in km they said something about this one replacing the one with kms ad this is more accurate / works better. I don’t know what to think though, I’ve seen cars that were bought new after the date I bought mine and they had the km system. You can also pop a question to the dealer.

OP
OP

senaldulanjala

First Name
Senal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.0l SR
Country flag
Look carefully in your manual, you will see that there are 2 systems: one that shows the oil life in km and another one (i don’t know how it’s called now) which shows the remaining days to a service intervention. You have the second one and seems to be newer than the first one, with oil life. My car (bought 6 months ago) has it also, athough it is a 1.5 Turbo. The implementation I have is not just a simple counter, the remaining days are calculated based on driving habbits, just like the oil life. The counter went to 30 days in ~5 months and 10.000 km (6000 miles). When you get below 30 days remaining it will also display what needs to be changed (the code, as per the manual). When I asked the dealer why do I have this system and not the one with oil life in km they said something about this one replacing the one with kms ad this is more accurate / works better. I don’t know what to think though, I’ve seen cars that were bought new after the date I bought mine and they had the km system. You can also pop a question to the dealer.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I've already raised that question to the dealer and waiting for the feedback. They said that they will contact the Honda Principles in Japan and let me know. In this system, unfortunately it doesn't show the due dates for the each items in maintenance minder. It shows the item which is going to be due soon and we can't check the current health of oil life.
This is not newer or older version, both two versions are being manufactured and distributed. I think these systems are being manufactured for different regions. But in my country there are a lot of cars with oil life in kms.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately, you didn’t get what I wanted to say. You are saying that “you cannot check your oil health” and I was telling you that the system does just that! Instead of showing you that you have XXXX km until you have to change your oil it looks at how many km you are avearaging per day and showing you the same information presented into a different measure unit(days vs km). The rest of the logic is the same, both take into consideration the same factors and operate the same.
The items due for service will be displayed into the car’s head-unit when you go below 30 days until the service is due. Until that moment you don’t have any mentenance code displayed.
Sponsored