Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
I recently bought my honda civic 2019 sedan 2 months ago. I also bought a contract called honda care vehicle service contract for 3years/36,000 miles. Currently, my car has 2,000 miles and was wondering can I bring my car anytime for an oil change or have to wait for the maintenance minder?

Also do i need to change any other fluids? I dont know much about maintenance for a car.

Any help/info

thank you
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Car brand new comes with special break in oil. Change it when the maintenance minder tells you to. It’s all based on your driving conditions and habits on when you change oil. After the first oil change, you can change it every 5k or however low miles you want. But it’s a waste of money really. Just change it when the car tells you do. And I am also pretty sure even though you brought that contract, it’s not like you can bring the car in every 2k miles and service is free. It’s based on service intervals.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same plan, they will not service the car if you're not at at least 15% oil life while you are on the plan. I did like having the plan, all filters are covered for free with it and I even had my CVT fluid changed at 30k even though they don't recommend it till 60K.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I recently bought my honda civic 2019 sedan 2 months ago. I also bought a contract called honda care vehicle service contract for 3years/36,000 miles. Currently, my car has 2,000 miles and was wondering can I bring my car anytime for an oil change or have to wait for the maintenance minder?

Also do i need to change any other fluids? I dont know much about maintenance for a car.

Any help/info

thank you
Cancel that contract if it's not too late yet. It's not worth what you're paying for it

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Car brand new comes with special break in oil. Change it when the maintenance minder tells you to. It’s all based on your driving conditions and habits on when you change oil. After the first oil change, you can change it every 5k or however low miles you want. But it’s a waste of money really. Just change it when the car tells you do. And I am also pretty sure even though you brought that contract, it’s not like you can bring the car in every 2k miles and service is free. It’s based on service intervals.
Break in oil. I did not know that - thanks. Planning on having mine serviced at the dealer when it tells me it is time. Based on driving just like my Mini Cooper. I did not buy a service contract and the finance manager about crapped his pants. No service contract! If I got the 5K service contact I would have got a nice zipper bag with all the cleaning polishing supplies. Oh, damn.

They tried so hard to sell me even a basic oil change contract. I told them I would rather buy two cars in case I screw one up.

Being a bit OCD. And I did look at Mercedes CLA and Cadillac but how would I feel about imperfections and spending upward of 40K to 50K? I certainly can tolerate imperfections much better on a Civic than a luxury car and they have problems as well. There is no perfect. So I decided to go it alone. Expensive? I am sure I can afford the maintenance. And if I don't like the car in a year I will trade for a more expensive one. But a more expensive car and that first scratch hurts so much more. Besides, I drive too many miles. 18K a year.

Funny
They wanted to sell me ....
Dent Protection
Seat Protection
Body/Paint Protection
Service Maintenance
Glass Protection
Tire Protection/Replacement
Alien Abduction Protection
Police Protection
OK Just kidding on the last two

If I financed what is another 8K? Besides, I only pay cash. No financing. Like I told him, if I need all this protection I will buy two with cash. That way I always have one car running. Simple.

BTW, I saw a kid there. Just bought a Type R. Had the cosmetic bag. I bet he bought the works and broke the bank. Glad I am not 18. Maybe it is not OCD but CPA/CGMA. AKA, I know my way around finances very well. And while all my colleagues drive a Benz well, the Civic Touring should save me a few pennies. That Corolla I drove did that as well. Dress to impress drive to save.

sam17civicsport

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
so here's my 2 cents.

On high line (aka fancy) cars, service contracts actually save you money (I work at a Porsche dealership and saw the price break down - assuming you do all service @ a dealership). On the "regular" cars like ours, those service contracts typically aren't worth it because you can go basically anywhere (Jiffy Lube, Tires Plus, etc) and get an oil change for pretty cheap (about $20-$25 + only about $10 for tire rotation).

Just go off the maintenance minder b/c it's literally been designed to do just that: remind you of service due.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I would agree having a Mini Cooper and BMW in the past. Only buy manufacturers service never a dealer aftermarket type. And realize it only covers maintenance such as oil and brakes. Not seals or other items. The Civic is not a high end car and should be affordable.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I wound up getting the same thing (since I passed on all the other financing add ons) since I would have spent the money on maintenance anyway. The way it was explained to me was that it covers any service codes on the maintenance minder. So if there is no wrench light on the dash, they won't service it under the care plan, you'd pay out of pocket.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Would you happen to kno at what mileage does the break in oil need to be changed ruffly? I bought 19 a month ago brand new aswell, but installed my ktuner at around 60% oil life. My oil % reset to 100 and stayed there until I flashed back to stock and then back again to a tune. So I really just need a ruff estimate

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you happen to kno at what mileage does the break in oil need to be changed ruffly? I bought 19 a month ago brand new aswell, but installed my ktuner at around 60% oil life. My oil % reset to 100 and stayed there until I flashed back to stock and then back again to a tune. So I really just need a ruff estimate
Honda has a TSB , its floating around the forum somewhere,where it states to leave that first fill in as long as possible. I let mine get down to 5 % just the first time. I go between 15 and 10% now.
Sponsored