Honda Care extended warranty

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just got an 8yr 120k $0 deductable Honda Care warranty from Folsom Lake Honda in CA for $1100 which the finance guy said was only $100 over cost

Did I still get a good deal or should I cancel and go with one of the recommended dealerships?

eberrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I just got an 8yr 120k $0 deductable Honda Care warranty from Folsom Lake Honda in CA for $1100 which the finance guy said was only $100 over cost

Did I still get a good deal or should I cancel and go with one of the recommended dealerships?
Did you really get Hondacare or a 3rd party warranty? If 3rd party, I would cancel regardless of price. If Hondacare, you can get an easy quote from Hyannis Honda to see if you overpaid and should cancel and rebuy.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you really get Hondacare or a 3rd party warranty? If 3rd party, I would cancel regardless of price. If Hondacare, you can get an easy quote from Hyannis Honda to see if you overpaid and should cancel and rebuy.
It's a Honda Care warranty. I can't use Hyannis because I'm in CA. Just saw the internet quote from Saccucci and it was $1110 so I guess I got a good deal

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's a Honda Care warranty. I can't use Hyannis because I'm in CA. Just saw the internet quote from Saccucci and it was $1110 so I guess I got a good deal
Hyannis doesn't sell to CA residents? That sucks...

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
Just paid for the D72 plan 84/120k from saccucci. So simple to do, only took 4 minutes.

Last night the finance guy at the store wanted $2300 for the same Honda care plan. The best price he could do once I showed him the email invoice was offer it at $1500. That is still is $485 more than what I paid. Thanks for starting this topic and providing the info.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just paid for the D72 plan 84/120k from saccucci. So simple to do, only took 4 minutes.

Last night the finance guy at the store wanted $2300 for the same Honda care plan. The best price he could do once I showed him the email invoice was offer it at $1500. That is still is $485 more than what I paid. Thanks for starting this topic and providing the info.
I recently cancelled my dealership extended warranty for a full refund. I plan to purchase it online through Saccucci towards the end of my bumper to bumper to get the most value out of it

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
I recently cancelled my dealership extended warranty for a full refund. I plan to purchase it online through Saccucci towards the end of my bumper to bumper to get the most value out of it
If your over 12k miles you can not purchase the extended warranty. The extended warranty miles is what is on the odometer, it is not a new mileage amount that starts at purchase time. So you can not tack it on to the end of the bumper to bumper “ to get the most out of it”. Get it now.

eberrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
If your over 12k miles you can not purchase the extended warranty. The extended warranty miles is what is on the odometer, it is not a new mileage amount that starts at purchase time. So you can not tack it on to the end of the bumper to bumper “ to get the most out of it”. Get it now.
Is this correct? On my Honda Odyssey I bought Hondacare at 35000 miles from Saccucci. There was a small additional charge since it was over 6000 miles but no problem to buy Hondacare unless over 36000 miles. This was in 2015, so maybe things have changed since then.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Is this correct? On my Honda Odyssey I bought Hondacare at 35000 miles from Saccucci. There was a small additional charge since it was over 6000 miles but no problem to buy Hondacare unless over 36000 miles. This was in 2015, so maybe things have changed since then.
No, it's not correct. Nothing has changed. See my post below...

If purchase before 6,000 miles, you can still get the "new car" pricing. After 6,000 miles, the plan numbers change and prices increase a bit. You can still buy the warranty until 3 years or 36,000 miles.

Before 6,000 miles, the longest Honda Care plan is 8 years from the day you bought the car or 120,000 miles - whichever occurs first.

After 6,000 miles, the longest Honda Care plan is 5 years from the day you bought the Honda Care warranty or 120,000 miles - whichever occurs first.

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Care extended warranty DDEC2FC8-A041-4904-9AEB-47D03E7E47BF

Maybe that is just the maintenance care plan? But either way the extended warranty is not miles of coverage from the day you purchase for your used car. Ie, 36k on the odometer. It is total miles on the odometer from new.

Last edited:

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
How do you know if the dealer is offering you Honda Care versus 3rd party warranty?

JerseyJesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm currently at 17k miles on my Civic, should I just wait until I'm over 30k miles to maximize my benefit? Didn't realize with the over 6k change over it only starts from the contract date and not post 36k.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
I've been reading this thread and I like what you're saying about the extended warranty. I'm in California, just purchased the Civic Coupe Touring and there's allot of electronics in here. What's the contact information to this Saccucci company? Please let me know.
Sponsored