Homelink for 2019 models

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
I was on the build page for the 2019 models and it seems like Honda is finally adding homelink to the civic line. Does anyone know if this can be added onto existing 10th Gens? I know accord has it and it seems to have the same overhead controls (minus the sunglass holder)
Sponsored

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Search for Homelink, someone's got a DIY on how to swap in the Homelink module from the Odyssey. AFAIK, Homelink is just self-contained in a module that asks for a power supply, and presto, you have Homelink. If someone could swap one in from the Odyssey, I'm sure it'd be easier to swap in one from a genetically closer Honda.

On a side note, I've been thinking of swapping in Homelink, but I imagine the OEM part costs a bit. I've got a 3 channel garage door opener stuck under the steering well with california clay. Does the same thing. Yes, I have to change the battery once in a blue moon, but these 3 channel door openers are cheap.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
For 2019 it is incorporated into the mirror. Should be an easy but expensive swap.

OP
OP

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For 2019 it is incorporated into the mirror. Should be an easy but expensive swap.
Do yu have any idea of the part number? I'm thinking of just doing this instead of the diy route since I need to do somethings with the electronics

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Do yu have any idea of the part number? I'm thinking of just doing this instead of the diy route since I need to do somethings with the electronics
No, cause part catalog not released (just owners manual). But based off previous Honda mirror price I'd say they would charge $200-300 for this mirror. Then you'd need to figure out the wiring yourself.

OP
OP

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, cause part catalog not released (just owners manual). But based off previous Honda mirror price I'd say they would charge $200-300 for this mirror. Then you'd need to figure out the wiring yourself.
Couldn't I just take it to the dealer and have them wire it for me?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Couldn't I just take it to the dealer and have them wire it for me?
I'm reviving an old thread but yeah you probably can get it done by a dealer. If you're buying OEM parts pretty much any of them will add it. I'm debating checking on this myself since I hate the flip mirror on it. Autodimming + homelink would make it way nicer

OP
OP

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm reviving an old thread but yeah you probably can get it done by a dealer. If you're buying OEM parts pretty much any of them will add it. I'm debating checking on this myself since I hate the flip mirror on it. Autodimming + homelink would make it way nicer
Is there a part # out for this now? If so what is it? Hoping to get it done sooner than later