HKS/TIAL/GREDDY BOV

Civicsi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After watching countless videos on different BOV's I think I have something I wanna try out. I cant find anything that I really like in the aftermarket direct fit category and think I have a solution but would like some input from you guys first. I think I could make an adapter plate that blocks off the OEM BOV. Once that's taken care of, I would install either HKS, TIAL, or GREDDY BOV somewhere along the stock or aftermarket inter-cooler piping. I think a good location would be above the transmission and across the head. Most cars have the BOV in that vicinity. There are many BOV flanges that come with piping. I would than use two couplers and clamp the pipe in place. Lastly would be to run an extended vacuum line from the stock location all the way up to the new bov. If anyone has worked on turbo cars in the past than I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to do here. If I can pull this off than I think I will be selling these BOV plock off plates to anyone interested included with the plate would be instructions for the altercation. Let me know what you guys think.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Get ready dude :popcorn:

In short. BOV= BAD on our cars. Tons of info already on this form.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep no bov’s for these cars. You want the noise get the prl cold air intake

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After watching countless videos on different BOV's I think I have something I wanna try out. I cant find anything that I really like in the aftermarket direct fit category and think I have a solution but would like some input from you guys first. I think I could make an adapter plate that blocks off the OEM BOV. Once that's taken care of, I would install either HKS, TIAL, or GREDDY BOV somewhere along the stock or aftermarket inter-cooler piping. I think a good location would be above the transmission and across the head. Most cars have the BOV in that vicinity. There are many BOV flanges that come with piping. I would than use two couplers and clamp the pipe in place. Lastly would be to run an extended vacuum line from the stock location all the way up to the new bov. If anyone has worked on turbo cars in the past than I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to do here. If I can pull this off than I think I will be selling these BOV plock off plates to anyone interested included with the plate would be instructions for the altercation. Let me know what you guys think.
We have a bypass valve that 100% recirculates and not vent to atmosphere. So a plate is no good

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP may not need this info, but for anyone staggering into this thread like myself who doesn’t know BOV and BPV differences, this was a good read.

https://www.enginelabs.com/news/blow-off-valve-vs-bypass-valve-whats-the-difference/

It talks about how the air is already metered in prior to a BPV, meaning you’d run rich during shifts and mess things up... which is what others on here have experienced.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I'll just second what others have said, don't do it, please just don't cuz if you pull it off someone else will think it's a good idea and do, so please, we implore you, don't do it.
Thanks

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
here

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS/TIAL/GREDDY BOV BOV
Sponsored