IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
does anyone have any info on how this works? it almost seems like a jb4 but from hks.
Sponsored

EugeneR

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Anyone use this?can share the pros and cons?

OP
OP
IHadToRun

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Anyone use this?can share the pros and cons?
I ended up going with the jb4, seemed more reliable plus data logging and if I have an issue the manufacture is about a 10 min drive from me. though I did see someone the other day with one but can’t remember who.

EugeneR

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I ended up going with the jb4, seemed more reliable plus data logging and if I have an issue the manufacture is about a 10 min drive from me. though I did see someone the other day with one but can’t remember who.
Is there really a gains from jb4?

OP
OP
IHadToRun

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Is there really a gains from jb4?
3.5 added lbs of boost, can't remember the actual power numbers though. If you go to burger tuning website you'll see the dyno numbers.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So HKS' website shows install, it looks like a full on piggyback system, though the way things are worded on their website says that its main goal is to just increase boost vs anything else. Quoted numbers show a 332 HP to 348 HP (247.5 to 259.2 kW, respectively), or about a 16 HP gain (5% gain in power). I believe these numbers are corrected to crank output (brake horse power). The dyno charts on HKS' website show this power gain as well. The power seems to only come on after 4.5k.

However, there is a second dyno chart floating around (Dream Automotive and Kamispeed) with the same styling as HKS, though the units are different, it also shows very different torque outputs with a spike in the 4.5k region that isn't reflected in the power curves.

332 HP looks to be a believable number for the CTR stock since it equates to about 299 HP to the wheels which is within range of what others see, albeit a bit higher (but believable).

The JB4 on Burger Tuning's website shows a 302 HP to 333 HP gain (10% gain in power). 302 seems just a tad bit high for a base dyno, though it isn't entirely unbelievable either. But that being said, Burger seems to get you about 2x the gain in power vs the HKS system (>10% vs <5%). One note is that the HKS system does allow you to "adjust" boost numbers as well through supported software (not included with purchase), their website shows them only tinkering with numbers above the "halfway" point which explains why no gains occur until 4.5k. This could in theory increase power further, but also risks engine damage (which they state on their website).

Another odd note about the dyno charts on Burger Tuning's website is that it shows the Civic Si making significantly less power than the CVT Sport model with the Si making 165 HP and the CVT Sport making 184 HP. Both of them are 2018 models. This is very odd.

OP
OP
IHadToRun

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
So HKS' website shows install, it looks like a full on piggyback system, though the way things are worded on their website says that its main goal is to just increase boost vs anything else. Quoted numbers show a 332 HP to 348 HP (247.5 to 259.2 kW, respectively), or about a 16 HP gain (5% gain in power). I believe these numbers are corrected to crank output (brake horse power). The dyno charts on HKS' website show this power gain as well. The power seems to only come on after 4.5k.

However, there is a second dyno chart floating around (Dream Automotive and Kamispeed) with the same styling as HKS, though the units are different, it also shows very different torque outputs with a spike in the 4.5k region that isn't reflected in the power curves.

332 HP looks to be a believable number for the CTR stock since it equates to about 299 HP to the wheels which is within range of what others see, albeit a bit higher (but believable).

The JB4 on Burger Tuning's website shows a 302 HP to 333 HP gain (10% gain in power). 302 seems just a tad bit high for a base dyno, though it isn't entirely unbelievable either. But that being said, Burger seems to get you about 2x the gain in power vs the HKS system (>10% vs <5%). One note is that the HKS system does allow you to "adjust" boost numbers as well through supported software (not included with purchase), their website shows them only tinkering with numbers above the "halfway" point which explains why no gains occur until 4.5k. This could in theory increase power further, but also risks engine damage (which they state on their website).

Another odd note about the dyno charts on Burger Tuning's website is that it shows the Civic Si making significantly less power than the CVT Sport model with the Si making 165 HP and the CVT Sport making 184 HP. Both of them are 2018 models. This is very odd.
I know jb4 can be fully adjusted as well from their app, plus they also have preloaded maps for people on flex fuel.

EugeneR

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I have some doubt on their dyno,just like the afe scorcher,website say there is gains for it but one of our guy dyno with it,show no gain at all.

itrgsr94

Never Fake Never Phony
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
The JB4 is the route to go for piggyback.
It absolutely adds power, I haven't dynoed it, but the gains are real. I run map 5 and it's a night and day difference from stock. No other mod bang for buck will transform the car like it will.

It's cool to read oil and water temp real time, data log and a host of other features.

OP
OP
IHadToRun

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
The JB4 is the route to go for piggyback.
It absolutely adds power, I haven't dynoed it, but the gains are real. I run map 5 and it's a night and day difference from stock. No other mod bang for buck will transform the car like it will.

It's cool to read oil and water temp real time, data log and a host of other features.
This is exactly how I feel... they just have too big of a name and recognition. All the features that you get with it are spot on too!