solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
Currently considering purchasing an HKS front and down pipe combo, but no one I know owns one... I have a stock exhaust and want to know how much louder it got once installed, also was there any modification needed during the install process? and lastly is it worth ceramic coating it or just wrapping it with lava wrap?

If any has any insight let me know, I currently have a cat-less USR wrapped down-pipe (not installed) for sale if anyone is interested in buying it. The person I bought it for used it for less than a year.
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The stock exhaust does a good job on keeping the tone in check. You will experience slightly more drone and maybe some resonance around 2.5-3k (based on my experience using a PRL catless combo; oddly enough it didn’t sound much louder.
I have my stuff wrapped haven’t had any issues. Back then I never considered coating, probably would have gone that route now; it looks “cleaner”.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Catless will add a deeper rumble to oem exhaust and it smells.
It sounds abit louder but still very mild..

I did ceramic coated both dp and fp and it definitely help trapping the heat down.
I also DEI titanium wrap the dp and fp as well.

Both are functional and you should do both if price is not a concern

OP
OP

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
Catless will add a deeper rumble to oem exhaust and it smells.
It sounds abit louder but still very mild..

I did ceramic coated both dp and fp and it definitely help trapping the heat down.
I also DEI titanium wrap the dp and fp as well.

Both are functional and you should do both if price is not a concern
where did you purchase your DEI wrap from? and what sz did you use to wrap it

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
I had the HKS downpipe/frontpipe combo...I sold the downpipe because I installed the full-race turbo kit and couldn't reuse the HKS downpipe. I loved the sound. I'm still using the HKS frontpipe and HKS legamax exhaust.

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS Downpipe/Front pipe combo 20191111_200111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Champ White R
Country flag
Currently considering purchasing an HKS front and down pipe combo, but no one I know owns one... I have a stock exhaust and want to know how much louder it got once installed, also was there any modification needed during the install process? and lastly is it worth ceramic coating it or just wrapping it with lava wrap?

If any has any insight let me know, I currently have a cat-less USR wrapped down-pipe (not installed) for sale if anyone is interested in buying it. The person I bought it for used it for less than a year.
i live in socal Near disney. I have a full HKS system if your interested in hearing it.Shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet.