HKS Cold Air Intake System

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
My car sounds just like Johnny's and I'm running PRL tube with K&N Filter

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car sounds just like Johnny's and I'm running PRL tube with K&N Filter
Running the same and love it. Car seems peppier and the wooshes are nicer. PRL will be releasing their Stage 2 and 3 intakes soon. The renders I've seen are neato.

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
yeah, although, makes me wonder if the HKS will be louder, lol. I took the exhaust off, put my stock one back on...and for the hell of it, put a custom intake on, lol...watching the temps right now and I haven't seen it go up that much at all.
I seriously doubt the HKS CAI will be more audible than the Eventuri. There are 2 schools of thought here. Although Japanese APMs make great parts there is still a line they won't cross when it comes their own safety and environmental compliance ordinances. I think people who go with the HKS CAI will be satisfied and secure that air filters will be available to them in the future. Those who choose Eventuri, will often wonder if they can get replacement filters. Most of them will keep the kit but in the years to come, end up going with K&N dry filters as replacements.

OP
OP

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
There have been issues with getting replacement filters for Eventuri?

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Is this intake on the market yet? I thought it looked like it might be a good, piece. Right up to the point I saw that they are using a junk-ass foam filter element. Foam elements are good if you are in really dirty, wet environments, where traditional paper gets too easily stopped up. But on any type of pavement vehicle they are about the worst thing you can use.

Foam filters suck. We have dynoed them back-to-back multiple times with paper and/or K&N, and the foam just plain doesn't flow as well. And they don't filter as well either. I have seen plenty of engines with long-term use of foam elements, and the additional cylinder wear we see is significant. There is a reason why paper/cloth elements have always, and continue to be, the standard for OEMs and serious race vehicles alike. I can't believe HKS is trying to push this product.

So unless HKS offers a different element with the kit, count me out as a customer.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got an update from my HKS vendor today and it looks like the Carbon Fiber box will not be included.

84E44665-F65F-4A5F-A7CF-EB3A3F877F2E.png
Their website shows two versions. One with and without. I remember they said you could take the box off of you want

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got an update from my HKS vendor today and it looks like the Carbon Fiber box will not be included.

Oh and that pic you showed looks like their module...shouldn't come with that...but for $1500 you would think it would.

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS Cold Air Intake System coldairfinal1

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag

That is the "Racing Suction Kit". Full airbox is something different.

Both will likely be poor-performing with that foam filter.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if this AFR thing is needed if you have Hondata/Ktuner?

HKS-70020-AH109-4.jpg
If neither hondata or ktuner has a calibration for this intake...then I would think you would...unless of course you go get it tuned by someone with either ktuner or hondata.
Sponsored