HKS Cold Air Intake System

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
So i just watched an instagram video of Johnny's blue FK8 on the eventuri IG page. lol it DOES sound really good especially when blowing off... arggh I'm torn
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i just watched an instagram video of Johnny's blue FK8 on the eventuri IG page. lol it DOES sound really good especially when blowing off... arggh I'm torn
yeah, but were any of those vids inside the car? I think I know the vids you're talking about...one with the hood popped open, then another in a parking lot, late at night, nothing around, lol

high718

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 10 Acura TSX, 16 Yamaha R1
Country flag

yeah, but were any of those vids inside the car? I think I know the vids you're talking about...one with the hood popped open, then another in a parking lot, late at night, nothing around, lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah, although, makes me wonder if the HKS will be louder, lol. I took the exhaust off, put my stock one back on...and for the hell of it, put a custom intake on, lol...watching the temps right now and I haven't seen it go up that much at all.
i've done enough datalogs btwn the stock, afe, and injen for iat differences and personally i'd never run an open element.
The HKS is maybe slightly louder due to the aluminium piping over the plastic one afe uses.

I'm kinda hesitant to pull the trigger on some of these expensive intakes because I have yet to see anyone datalog the fuel trims on these cars.

It is inside the car. It sounds fantastic.
that's how all intakes sounds on this car ... they all make the same note. Just minor differences due to the air resonance of the material being used.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i've done enough datalogs btwn the stock, afe, and injen for iat differences and personally i'd never run an open element.
The HKS is maybe slightly louder due to the aluminium piping over the plastic one afe uses.

I'm kinda hesitant to pull the trigger on some of these expensive intakes because I have yet to see anyone datalog the fuel trims on these cars.
True, if it were warmer outside, I definitely wouldn't run an open element, I saw the temps spike like crazy. Reading all this, I don't think anything is better than stock lol.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag

that's how all intakes sounds on this car ... they all make the same note. Just minor differences due to the air resonance of the material being used.
I'm comparing the sound to the PRL Stage 1 on my car. The blow off on the Eventuri is a bit more high pitched and "sudden" dump of the excess boost (I can't find the words to describe it, clearly lol)

The Stage 1 also has a great sound, but you don't get the high pitched all-in-one-dump. It's a slower more relaxed release of excess boost pressure (if that makes any sense at all).

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just installed the prl hose with the green filter. My mishimoto intake will be for sale. Saving for prl stage 2 and 3 or other companies. Nothing wrong with my mishi box tho.

Last edited: