8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Yeah you don’t research anything do you? There is plenty of data out there that says your wrong...

DE3A0E5F-A79D-4693-8C20-4E0C21C09B1E.jpeg

670B25F0-7279-47CE-9A16-2FC463393B1A.jpeg

2BE1B322-333E-4B64-9DEF-7AA71F686FC7.jpeg
Dude u can post numbers all day but you aint convincing me to spend 1000 dollars on a intake.
Sponsored

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Dude u can post numbers all day but you aint convincing me to spend 1000 dollars on a intake.
Even my drag Evo 9 didnt have a 1000 dollar intake.

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I’m not trying to convince you to do anything, all I’m saying is the intake is proven to provide good gains and it’s also a bing factor for the engine bay, in my opinion it’s a win win if you have the money to spend on it or any other intake that gives you the benifits of both

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Yep and they wasted it as well.
It's never a waste man...you get what you pay for, and I'm not saying less expensive intakes are bad. They are all good (except a few garbage intakes that are completely open to the engine bay). I don't go home and open my hood immediately, but I do take comfort in know its there. Obviously I didn't but it show right cause people can't really see it.

Simple, this is EXOTIC stuff! People can go to Men's Warehouse and buy a suit, but why are there still people buying $4k + suits from Gucci, D&G, Armani, etc....Some people just like the finer thing in life, but not necessary show it.

It's never a waste if you can afford it, enjoy it, and maybe every once in a while crack jokes about it being expensive! :)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Can we stick to the topic, lol...I keep going back and forth on this intake
I want it but i'm really not a fan of the hks foam filters at all .... so idk.

Maybe I get the Prl hose and cut it to fit the eventuri? Idk.
Do I just wait for the PRL to make their actual intake? Idk.

conclusion. IDK. lol

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want it but i'm really not a fan of the hks foam filters at all .... so idk.

Maybe I get the Prl hose and cut it to fit the eventuri? Idk.
Do I just wait for the PRL to make their actual intake? Idk.

conclusion. IDK. lol
same here man, lol. I put my AFE up for sale just yesterday

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in see the bottom of the HKS intake...I'm a huge fan of HKS; my first HKS intake was for my first new civic in 1992.
While I was taking the AFE off, I took a look at the stock intercooler hoses that HKS makes replacements for...I think if I end up liking this HKS intake, I'll get their intercooler hoses also. Those stock ones do seem fragile.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm interested in see the bottom of the HKS intake...I'm a huge fan of HKS; my first HKS intake was for my first new civic in 1992.
the bottom is just like the stock box.

same here man, lol. I put my AFE up for sale just yesterday
i'm keeping the AFE until I decide. The stock intake just doesn't give me enough noise lol.

TBH, i'm leaning towards eventuri just because it has the 2 inlets for air to go in.

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
It's never a waste man...you get what you pay for, and I'm not saying less expensive intakes are bad. They are all good (except a few garbage intakes that are completely open to the engine bay). I don't go home and open my hood immediately, but I do take comfort in know its there. Obviously I didn't but it show right cause people can't really see it.

Simple, this is EXOTIC stuff! People can go to Men's Warehouse and buy a suit, but why are there still people buying $4k + suits from Gucci, D&G, Armani, etc....Some people just like the finer thing in life, but not necessary show it.

It's never a waste if you can afford it, enjoy it, and maybe every once in a while crack jokes about it being expensive! :)
Thank you someone with a brain and perspective

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Can we stick to the topic, lol...I keep going back and forth on this intake
My suggestion: Buy the PRL stage 1 for $130. It's a cheap mod. If you don't like it, then sell it, recover $50.

Then go out and buy the Eventuri for $1495. The $80 you lost on buying and reselling the PRL Stage represents only 5% of the cost of the Eventuri, so that seems like a no brainer to me.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My suggestion: Buy the PRL stage 1 for $130. It's a cheap mod. If you don't like it, then sell it, recover $50.

Then go out and buy the Eventuri for $1495. The $80 you lost on buying and reselling the PRL Stage represents only 5% of the cost of the Eventuri, so that seems like a no brainer to me.
I'll wait out on the HKS. I just sold my AFE intake...it was never loud enough for me, lol. I think the eventuri was pretty loud if memory serves correct (and assuming it's loud while driving). The AFE wasn't that noticeable.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I really think it's your exhaust is too loud or you just listen to the radio loud... lol. cause I can hear the afe clearly even when i'm accelerating normally windows up or down.

All of the intakes are going to sound similiar in loudness since it is going to be boxed. If you really want noise, you'd need to have an open intake and we wouldn't want that .....

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really think it's your exhaust is too loud or you just listen to the radio loud... lol. cause I can hear the afe clearly even when i'm accelerating normally windows up or down.

All of the intakes are going to sound similiar in loudness since it is going to be boxed. If you really want noise, you'd need to have an open intake and we wouldn't want that .....
yeah, although, makes me wonder if the HKS will be louder, lol. I took the exhaust off, put my stock one back on...and for the hell of it, put a custom intake on, lol...watching the temps right now and I haven't seen it go up that much at all.
Sponsored