First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed my HKS BOV yesterday and now getting a REV limiter and CEL Light. I don't understand why though. I double checked every fitting and tightened every clamp. Cleared the codes and went for a drive. Both codes came back up at 4K in 6th gear. A little help would be appreciated.
recheck everything you messed with during the install and ensure you have it all sealed up. This only happens in 6th gear and only at 4k or above rpms?
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That’s not the point. The point is he’s getting codes the same codes people get with a catless dp. Running rich means nothing here. You will run rich between shifts off throttle. The person that asked the question is on the throttle at 4K rpm.
He should check if his car is under the harness recall.

thaiphob25

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R # 00054
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s not the point. The point is he’s getting codes the same codes people get with a catless dp. Running rich means nothing here. You will run rich between shifts off throttle. The person that asked the question is on the throttle at 4K rpm.
Thank you for reading and understanding

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Can you have both the HKS BOV and Boomba Racing BPV together? Just wondering haha

Rtyp3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Got mine in! Loving it so far. Car Drives just like stock. Wouldnt know you had a aftermarket BOV until you hear it/see it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hks bloc off released Today 0

thaiphob25

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R # 00054
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed my HKS BOV yesterday and now getting a REV limiter and CEL Light. I don't understand why though. I double checked every fitting and tightened every clamp. Cleared the codes and went for a drive. Both codes came back up at 4K in 6th gear. A little help would be appreciated.
Figured it out. It was a loose clamp by the pressure sensor. Like loose, I forgot to tighten it at all loose. Tightened it cleared to codes and it's been days. No more codes!

Rtyp3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Here is a quick clip of how it sounds inside. Not the best video/audio. Ill get a better one later.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ditto. Datalogs or boom... I mean bust... I mean or it didn’t happen.
after seeing the vids, I'd rather just invest in a really noisy aftermarket intake, lol. I don't like the high pitch sound of the HKS BOV

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
after seeing the vids, I'd rather just invest in a really noisy aftermarket intake, lol. I don't like the high pitch sound of the HKS BOV
I mean, did you think that the note of it was going to change? lol.
HKS BOV is used in so many "jdm" applications, we all knew how it was going to sound. I don't plan on getting this, i'm just curious to see the datalogs.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean, did you think that the note of it was going to change? lol.
HKS BOV is used in so many "jdm" applications, we all knew how it was going to sound. I don't plan on getting this, i'm just curious to see the datalogs.
I honestly never heard the HKS before. I had a Tial BOV on my EP3...not like I spend all day listening to HKS BOV sounds...

Last edited: