xxbodkinxx

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hello all. I figured I would take advantage to the black Friday sale at the retrofit source and i bought the retroquick kit for our civics. I went ahead and ordered the motoholders for the bulbs to ensure proper alignment as well. Went with 5500 color rating to hopefully match the drl's.

My question is as follows. Can I keep using the auto headlight feature for our cars or should i now turn them on manually? I wasn't sure how the new civics handled them so I want to make sure i protect the longevity of the ballast etc. Anyone have experience with this?
Sponsored

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
It will prolong the life of your ballasts to not use it, but it won't fry them.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
My suggestion is to not use auto so that your battery does not get drained. HIDs use alot more power than the stock bulbs. Having them on when the engine is off means they are running off of the battery directly and not from the alternator. You may find the battery life shorten greatly with the headlights set to auto

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic FB7 , 2020Civic FC5
Country flag
Hello all. I figured I would take advantage to the black Friday sale at the retrofit source and i bought the retroquick kit for our civics. I went ahead and ordered the motoholders for the bulbs to ensure proper alignment as well. Went with 5500 color rating to hopefully match the drl's.

My question is as follows. Can I keep using the auto headlight feature for our cars or should i now turn them on manually? I wasn't sure how the new civics handled them so I want to make sure i protect the longevity of the ballast etc. Anyone have experience with this?
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hd-relay-h11.html

if you using the relay harness there is nothing to worry about anything everything will be balanced.

OP
OP

xxbodkinxx

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Perfect. Thank you all!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cheers! I did the retroquick on mine. Plus i went all out. Also, you may want to black out the headlight chrome for a better look

Honda Civic 10th gen Hid Retrofit, Auto Headlight Function.. 20181004_192152

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Cheers! I did the retroquick on mine. Plus i went all out. Also, you may want to black out the headlight chrome for a better look
How was the process? Seemed pretty straightforward to me, especially with the kit. Did you get it from TRS? Did you have to modify the bracket they sent? I heard that you either have to trim the headlight housing or the bracket for it to fit. Not a big deal though.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20181004_192152.jpg
As long as you're using the vehicles OEM headlight plug for your relay harness signal wire, you can retain the auto feature.

Also... Greetings brother :p I'm loving your high beam projector replacement. What's your setup? Mine is a FX-R 3.0 3", Morimoto 5500k D2S, Morimoto 55w, XB RGB Halos, ACME RGB demon eye, ACME RGB strip for DRL.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hid Retrofit, Auto Headlight Function.. 22520043_10155299296932983_6189015056273269074_o
Sponsored