HID Help

pez195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hey guys,

So I ordered the XenonPro H8 & H11 35w 6000k Full HID kits for my civic. I also got the canceler/anti-flicker wires too. The only thing I did not invest in and I'm starting to question is the relay harnesses. When I got my lights I saw there are extra prongs, positive and neg, connecting to the bulb itself which I assume would be for the relay harness that I did not get. I've read on a few threads that people did not buy the harness and have had no problems as well as the people who did buy them.

My only question to the people who didn't invest in the harness is, what did you do with the extra prongs connecting to the bulb?

Also to the people who did install their XenonPro HIDs, can someone post in-dept pictures on mounting areas and wire placing?

Thanks a bunch
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

streetwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
im not expert. but I don't think you need canceller. I purchased morimoto with relay. My relay came with prongs but these were not used. everything was plug and play.

OP
OP

pez195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
im not expert. but I don't think you need canceller. I purchased morimoto with relay. My relay came with prongs but these were not used. everything was plug and play.
Ehh the service desk representative said I would need it I guess because of the their brand. The prongs that weren't used, did you tape them up or leave them hanging?

OP
OP

pez195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I hate to be that guy, but please search. This subject has been beat to death on here. Tons of picture filled posts with great information out there.

I made this post to show how to create and install a relay harness.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/how-to-install-hid-kits-with-no-risk-of-damaging-factory-wiring.1595/
I appreciate the post, but it still didn't answer my question fully, and I did search through many threads so I wouldn't of created one if I found an answer that wasn't debated on. Anyways, I did see your thread, it was one of the first ones I saw upon coming about this site and it did help me too but I don't have a relay harness lol.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate the post, but it still didn't answer my question fully, and I did search through many threads so I wouldn't of created one if I found an answer that wasn't debated on. Anyways, I did see your thread, it was one of the first ones I saw upon coming about this site and it did help me too but I don't have a relay harness lol.
Show us some pictures of what you're working with then. I've never seen HID bulbs with multiple plugs. Unless you got a dual filament style, but even then I think those have 1 plug with 3 wires.

OP
OP

pez195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Show us some pictures of what you're working with then. I've never seen HID bulbs with multiple plugs. Unless you got a dual filament style, but even then I think those have 1 plug with 3 wires.
Sorry I should've done that in the first place but thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm not currently home so I can't take a better quality picture but I circled the prongs, apologies if it's not clear.

Honda Civic 10th gen HID Help Inked50993061246__76C6AD22-08BD-4344-9588-14C7A5FE9B67_LI

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like those wires are to supply power to the ballast from your OEM headlight plug. I personally would use a relay because the OEM wiring is very thin. I'd be worried about the amp in-rush of HID (which is drastically higher than halogen) melting the insulation. I've posted this in a few threads and it's the reason I created the relay install thread.

Your HID will work with no relay, the question is will the wiring ever fail. I'd rather not take that chance.

If you decide to put a relay in, here is how you will wire it with that setup. It's messy, forgive me. I created it quickly.
Honda Civic 10th gen HID Help Untitled

OP
OP

pez195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
It looks like those wires are to supply power to the ballast from your OEM headlight plug. I personally would use a relay because the OEM wiring is very thin. I'd be worried about the amp in-rush of HID (which is drastically higher than halogen) melting the insulation. I've posted this in a few threads and it's the reason I created the relay install thread.

Your HID will work with no relay, the question is will the wiring ever fail. I'd rather not take that chance.

If you decide to put a relay in, here is how you will wire it with that setup. It's messy, forgive me. I created it quickly.
Untitled.png
Thanks man, I appreciate the help and replys
Sponsored