HFP Package Coming For Civic Si and 5-dr Hatchback Models

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
larger size rotors are need it for heat dissipation (brake fade), ideal for road race or cars with alot of torque, calipers is about the bite for you to stop the car.

to shop for brakes you need to know what you need to improve on, to stop the car ? to fix the brake fade ? or both...

most street cars just need caliper kit compare to road race cars that is mostly about brake fade & they don't really need to stop the car, calipers only mostly use for slowing down the car, not stopping the car.
Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
but how different is 5 door hatchback suspension to 4 door sedan suspension? and how much it costs? something like $1000-$2000 ?

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
remember the hfp suspension for the 8th gen????....1 inch max drop?.....lol
if so.....

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
remember the hfp suspension for the 8th gen????....1 inch max drop?.....lol
if so.....
I wouldnt hate a 1" drop on my ex-t with my 19s, but I don't want to pay HFP prices for a 1" either!!!!

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
Possibly but I am pretty sure that the part numbers are different and that the Si setup is borrowed from the high end Accord setup.
If you would like, I can get some confirmation on that, simply email me separately and I will fwd it to the right people at R & D, the ones engineered the product(s)/parts.

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
The Si rotors are larger, along with the calipers. I assume they would not be compatible with the Sport hatch calipers.
Never assume... especially with Honda.
I had Integra rear trailing arms and disc brakes, and the Integra master cylinder on a '95 Civic EX (came with drums in the back, back then).
Honda - and most Japanese cars - use parts sharing for the cost and quality advantages, as well as platform engineering so they aren't wasting money reinventing the wheel over and over.
I'd sooner assume they likely fit! ;)

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
There's already and Endless big brake kit available. I go for Endless over HFP any day.
Where's the link to this unicorn?
Tried searching for it, but only saw an equally vague claim that it exists... for the Type R.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Be nice if there was a HP boost with this package.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I liked the HFP suspension kit when I had it on my 08 si sedan.

My objective was that I wanted a slightly stiffer suspension that still retained comfortable ride quality as a daily driver yet fun to drive. Something similar to koni yellows with good springs and a mild (or no) drop would have been ideal, only there were no koni yellows for my car back then that I knew of. I didnt care about how the car looked and was trying to avoid aggressive lowering. I was very happy with the HFP suspension and pleased with the value given the $600 price.

I am actually using koni yellows and swift springs on my daily 08 hybrid sedan and love it.

I would definitely look into HFP again, but hold off and see how people are liking it and if there are reliability issues for about a year after release, before purchasing them for my 17 hatch.
Sponsored

Last edited: