First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit a large chunk of ice while I was driving on a poorly snow plowed road (I live in a rural area).
The lip was torn right out of the bumper screw holes and fasteners. The lip also broke into 2 pieces (left piece still on bumper).

Can the lip be installed on the bumper again? Is the lip repairable? :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone who gives you a guaranteed answer by looking at just this one picture will be lying.

grocerygetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX-L OBP
Country flag
I would say yes... if the holes on the bumper is so enlarge from getting ripped out I would turn to mounting it with some nuts, bolts and washers instead of screws. You might have to take the bumper off though if you go this route but it would make it a lot more secure

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
With a little time and DIY skills...anything is possible.

OP
OP
Oogalee

Oogalee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say yes... if the holes on the bumper is so enlarge from getting ripped out I would turn to mounting it with some nuts, bolts and washers instead of screws. You might have to take the bumper off though if you go this route but it would make it a lot more secure
I think I'll just buy a new one and install it myself. Bolts, nuts, and washers will definitely secure it better than the oem hardware.

grocerygetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX-L OBP
Country flag
I think I'll just buy a new one and install it myself. Bolts, nuts, and washers will definitely secure it better than the oem hardware.
Sounds like a plan. I would be interested in buying the old one from you if you were thinking about selling it. I have a sedan so im not sure if it will fit the lines of the bumper right but it doesn't seem like anyone has tried it yet.

OP
OP
Oogalee

Oogalee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like a plan. I would be interested in buying the old one from you if you were thinking about selling it. I have a sedan so im not sure if it will fit the lines of the bumper right but it doesn't seem like anyone has tried it yet.
The lip is toast. It's broken into 2 pieces. The left corner piece is still attached to my bumper :p.
You can buy one from the dealer. It's not that expensive (~$288 USD before tax).
It'll be difficult to install on a sedan because the template for the male clips, drilling, and adhesive only line up for the hatchback/si bumper.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The lip is toast. It's broken into 2 pieces. The left corner piece is still attached to my bumper :p.
You can buy one from the dealer. It's not that expensive (~$288 USD before tax).
It'll be difficult to install on a sedan because the template for the male clips, drilling, and adhesive only line up for the hatchback/si bumper.
I'm not surprised to see this. My friend works as an advisor for a local Honda dealership and this happens very often. I saw a hatch with the HFP package and the front lip has a big gap right in the center. Upon putting it up on the lift for an oil change, the bottom of the lip scraped badly as well. Maybe enforce it with Gorilla glue and drill it into the bumper/aero lip with bigger nuts and washers.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Maybe it's time to get Honda sensing to help with them rabbits.

I have a OEM lip as well after a couple of weeks the front centre came loose, seems it was only held in place with these areas of double sided tape / adhesive. When I went back to Honda I thought they would just replace the double sided tape, nope they ordered a whole new lip which was actually bolted to the frame of the car this time. Much better!

OP
OP
Oogalee

Oogalee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe it's time to get Honda sensing to help with them rabbits.

I have a OEM lip as well after a couple of weeks the front centre came loose, seems it was only held in place with these areas of double sided tape / adhesive. When I went back to Honda I thought they would just replace the double sided tape, nope they ordered a whole new lip which was actually bolted to the frame of the car this time. Much better!
After buying a new one and looking at the instructions myself, I can confirm this.
The center of the hfp lip is held on by 3 adhesive clips while each corner is held on by 2 bolts and 1 push clip.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong,

Don't all OEM accessories have a lifetime warranty if installed by a dealer?

That's what I have with my body-side molding.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong,

Don't all OEM accessories have a lifetime warranty if installed by a dealer?

That's what I have with my body-side molding.
from a defect sure. I dont think hitting road kill or ice ripping it off is covered

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
from a defect sure. I dont think hitting road kill or ice ripping it off is covered
A rock hit my previous Civic's door edge guard - tearing it. It was replaced free of charge.

You do make a good point in this situation however.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A rock hit my previous Civic's door edge guard - tearing it. It was replaced free of charge.

You do make a good point in this situation however.
Probably depends on the dealer too. I love my dealer, they fix my car even though I modded. I bought the wheel protection package but when I curb rashed a wheel they refused to pay even though the sales/finance guy told me it was covered. They said, nope only if the tire wont seat on the wheel will they replace......I was slightly pissed so I bought aftermarket wheels instead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Probably depends on the dealer too. I love my dealer, they fix my car even though I modded. I bought the wheel protection package but when I curb rashed a wheel they refused to pay even though the sales/finance guy told me it was covered. They said, nope only if the tire wont seat on the wheel will they replace......I was slightly pissed so I bought aftermarket wheels instead
Strange, I bought the tire and wheel warranty with my CTR. Includes curb rash repair if the repair can be made, if not they will replace. I have had one rim replaced, but not due to curb rash, but due to a pothole bend.
Sponsored