Hey y'all

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Also in DFW.

Getting 2 Tourings today. Black with Black interior and the other is Cosmic Blue.

Just a question, I'm on an extended test drive since Saturday and the sub rattles like crazy. Even with the sub only up halfway and the volume at 15-22. Are any of your experiencing this?

I LOVE this car but I also big on audio and this has me worried.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Also in DFW.

Getting 2 Tourings today. Black with Black interior and the other is Cosmic Blue.

Just a question, I'm on an extended test drive since Saturday and the sub rattles like crazy. Even with the sub only up halfway and the volume at 15-22. Are any of your experiencing this?

I LOVE this car but I also big on audio and this has me worried.
Mine rattles like crazy. It's annoying as hell, even with the volume and bass turned down.

@hondo wrote up how he fixed his here, which is a pretty solid guide I think. It sucks we have to do this to a brand new, factory-spec car though.

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine rattles like crazy. It's annoying as hell, even with the volume and bass turned down.

@hondo wrote up how he fixed his here, which is a pretty solid guide I think. It sucks we have to do this to a brand new, factory-spec car though.
I've seen that but for a new car with "Premium" sound this shouldn't be an issue. If I can't get the dealer to fix it I'm going to eventually dynamat it. That's if I don't lease it, if I lease it then I would be boned. It's enough to prevent me from leasing it and waiting to get something from a Manufacturer that properly installs speakers.

I really really love this car, more than my Accord by far, so hopefully the dealer will work with me on this.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen that but for a new car with "Premium" sound this shouldn't be an issue.
Yeah, I definitely year ya. I would take mine back to the dealer, but I know there's nothing they can/will do except maybe shove some foam up there too. Once I figure out how to take the rear deck off and have some spare time, I'm going to dynamat it, too. :-\

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen that but for a new car with "Premium" sound this shouldn't be an issue.
I see it almost like the system is too "premium" for the car. If it was less powerful it wouldn't move or rattle anything. Though it doesn't go very low, the subwoofer is putting out enough energy that they should have complimented it with adequate dampening. When people upgrade and put in their own subwoofers in cars, they often have to take steps to reduce vibration and dampening. This is the step that Honda seems to have skipped.

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I got my first of two Tourings from Honda of Denton, the Cosmic Blue is still on its way in. I'm going to be making an appointment to get the rattle looked at. So far the dealership has gone pretty above and beyond and was very honest with me (though I still fact checked everything they said).

Turns out that not only do they have a free lifetime Powertrain Warranty, they also include the extended 7 year 100K "wrap around" warranty and your first three years of maintenance. Didn't know about those last two until I went to sign the papers.

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I got my first of two Tourings from Honda of Denton, the Cosmic Blue is still on its way in. I'm going to be making an appointment to get the rattle looked at. So far the dealership has gone pretty above and beyond and was very honest with me (though I still fact checked everything they said).

Turns out that not only do they have a free lifetime Powertrain Warranty, they also include the extended 7 year 100K "wrap around" warranty and your first three years of maintenance. Didn't know about those last two until I went to sign the papers.
Are you sure they "included" those, or are you actually paying for them?

Normally those are not free, as I work in sales in a Honda dealership, so wondering how they can do that for everyone!

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Normally those are not free, as I work in sales in a Honda dealership, so wondering how they can do that for everyone!
My dealership included a lifetime powertrain warranty for free, but not the extended warranty. It's provided by some third party that I forget the name of. However, they gave me such a good price, I bought HondaCare for 8yr/120k mi and still came in lower than any other dealership quoted me. :-D

My dealership definitely used it as a sales tool...

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Yea, I saw the full breakdown. I paid full MSRP minus some discounts and then added in the leather protection. I was pretty surprised by it. I did pay a little higher than I would have at another dealer, but not by much.

On a side note, I got bored and made a background for the entertainment screen. I'm no graphics designer but I'm happy with the results.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hey y'all Civic X BG Smooth Honda Civic 10th gen Hey y'all Civic X BG

ai4px

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit, 2016 Civic
Yea, I saw the full breakdown. I paid full MSRP minus some discounts and then added in the leather protection. I was pretty surprised by it. I did pay a little higher than I would have at another dealer, but not by much.

On a side note, I got bored and made a background for the entertainment screen. I'm no graphics designer but I'm happy with the results.

Civic X BG Smooth.png Civic X BG.png
I'll bite.... how do you make a background for the screen?
Installed byUSB?

Gazelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 CIvic EX, '06 Ninja 250
Country flag
Just picked up my black/black EX a couple days ago, and I'm loving it! I wish I could have afforded the Touring, but I'm not sad about the EX at all. I'm up in Lampasas, just NW of Austin.

Very nice. Guess your Civic should be Red, White, Blue or Black. Santa brought me a Dash Cam. Already installed it, which was very easy. Can't see the wires at all. Pictures to follow.
Would love to check out those pictures. Do you have a thread or album somewhere I could check out? Thanks!

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
Hey, Honda salesman here and I just bought the EX 2.0 in Burgundy Night Pearl. I honestly love this car. I sold 22 Hondas last night and 11 of them were Civics, so Im thinking we have a WINNER here!
Sponsored