Hey y'all

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy from Austin! Who all do we have here?

I have an Aegean Blue touring en route to Gunn Honda in San Antonio any day now. This will join my 03 Element in my garage.
Sponsored

mty1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Impala LS
Hello! I'm shopping around and I really want the black pearl touring but none of the San antonio area dealers have it at the moment. According to Fernandez honda they won't get one until February. How was your experience at Gunn? The salesman at Fernandez honda has been very helpful and insightful as far as financing is concerned. They have a white pearl touring and although white is my second choice i find myself liking the white but love the black.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sal Hernandez is my salesguy at Gunn, and so far I have enjoyed working with him. I've spoken to at least two dozen Honda salespeople in the past couple of weeks from all over Texas and Oklahoma, and Sal was the most helpful. He has visibility to the inventory of all Texas dealers, and what they're getting in in the next few months, too. Sal also is putting up with me constantly nagging him about where my car is... ;-)

I'm not sure about the financing bit, since I haven't spoken to anybody in the Gunn finance department. I'm buying "cash," (financed by my credit union).

Good luck!

andrewatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Hey guys, from Austin here. The touring models have either been slow to dealerships, or are just getting swept up super quick. I'm looking at the Touring in that Lunar Silver color. Have you all had any flexibility with price? Most seem to be hard-lining MSRP.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Andrew. My experience is dealers around here are sticking to At or just below sticker... I haven't gone in and negotiated a deal yet, but I have a feeling I'm not going to get much. There's another "What did you pay" thread around here that will probably be helpful..

Speaking of, First Texas has a couple of Tourings in. I drove a White Orchid Pearl one today that looked pretty nice. I'm still holding out for my Aegean Blue though ;-)

hondajeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura TLX 2.4L
Hello! I'm shopping around and I really want the black pearl touring but none of the San antonio area dealers have it at the moment. According to Fernandez honda they won't get one until February. How was your experience at Gunn? The salesman at Fernandez honda has been very helpful and insightful as far as financing is concerned. They have a white pearl touring and although white is my second choice i find myself liking the white but love the black.
Hey mty1987, I have a black touring on the way. Should be here in a week if you want to claim it and make the short-ish drive south for it. Also, not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty awesome to work with lol jk. Or at least I won't screw you over how about that? I also have 2 white and one silver touring civics if anyone's interested.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey mty1987, I have a black touring on the way. Should be here in a week if you want to claim it and make the short-ish drive south for it. Also, not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty awesome to work with lol jk. Or at least I won't screw you over how about that? I also have 2 white and one silver touring civics if anyone's interested.
When's your next Aegean Blue touring coming in? And where's south? ;-)

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The only Aegean Blue I have on the way is an LX. Should be here in just a couple days.
And "south" is Pharr, TX.
Pharr! I'm from Brownsville originally. If that were a touring, I might have had to go visit family down there or something. I dodged that bullet ;-)

mty1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Impala LS
Well I visited Fernandez Honda here in san antonio and I was looking at the white touring with black interior and they stuck at MSRP and were giving me a ball park monthly payment of 440-480 per month at a 3.24 apr no extras for 72 months.

Then I was in contact with a different dealer in the area and for the same car with no extras he offered me 383 a month for 72 months. I was actually surprised as I expected about the same per month but they offered me 383 for the same car and said that he might be able to beat the APR if they check my credit. Both deals with 3000 down.

I asked if what he offered me was after taking extras off and said that there are no extras on the car so I'm left to assume that he is selling the car below MSRP, but he did not tell me the price.

That's a big difference and if i pay the car off using the whole term I save quite a bit of change after interest, more so if I pay more per month but its nice to have the flexibility of a lower payment if it's needed.

Now my question to you guys is, my preferred payment was 350-380 so this deal piqued my interest. But should I wait until the new year when dealers tend to be less busy (they were incredibly busy when i visited) and are moving less cars out of the lot especially toward the end of the month?

I know as far as trims go, LX and EX are their big sellers, so I don't know how inclined they will be to haggle for a touring. Thoughts?

One thing is for sure I have my sights set on this car....my dad came along with me and was very impressed with how the car drove, he's not much into the technology in the car but he knows that's why I like the car plus everything else of course. Haha:)

mty1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Impala LS

I do have familly in the valley, haha. I am definitely tempted haha. #firstcardecisions lol

hondajeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura TLX 2.4L
Hey guys, from Austin here. The touring models have either been slow to dealerships, or are just getting swept up super quick. I'm looking at the Touring in that Lunar Silver color. Have you all had any flexibility with price? Most seem to be hard-lining MSRP.
Hey Andrew, I have a Lunar Silver touring down here if you'd like to come claim it!

bander68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
I am here in Conroe, waiting for a rallye red ex-l to make it's way to the Houston area . All we seem to get around here is white black and gray. The waiting is driving me nuts.

andrewatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Put a deposit down on a Touring in Lunar Silver back on December 11th. The vehicle is "in production", but there is no ETA which is driving me kinda crazy.
Sponsored