Help with Taxes and Registration + title

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello Guys,

I got an excellent offer (I believe) for 2016 Honda Civic Touring - $24400 + taxes and tags.

Issue is with the dealership. I've moved from Illinois to PA. So I still have a DL from Illlinois. (I'll be getting PA DL within 3 weeks - can't change it immediately due to change of VISA status). As I have DL from Illinois, I'll be registering the car with IL plate (even insurance is from IL).

But, this particular dealer is saying that he'll only charge me with the amount of just the car $24668 ($24,400 - selling price and $268 - for doc fee + title fee + new plate fee etc.) and asked me to take care of all others things like registration, sales tax, tags, IL plate, title from IL etc. I've no idea about how to do it. I've heard that usually dealers take care of everything even if the buyer is from out of the state.

I need some suggestions on this issue please?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
Hello Guys,

I got an excellent offer (I believe) for 2016 Honda Civic Touring - $24400 + taxes and tags.

Issue is with the dealership. I've moved from Illinois to PA. So I still have a DL from Illlinois. (I'll be getting PA DL within 3 weeks - can't change it immediately due to change of VISA status). As I have DL from Illinois, I'll be registering the car with IL plate (even insurance is from IL).

But, this particular dealer is saying that he'll only charge me with the amount of just the car $24668 ($24,400 - selling price and $268 - for doc fee + title fee + new plate fee etc.) and asked me to take care of all others things like registration, sales tax, tags, IL plate, title from IL etc. I've no idea about how to do it. I've heard that usually dealers take care of everything even if the buyer is from out of the state.

I need some suggestions on this issue please?
I'd ask the manager if they can do it rather than the sales person. Also, you might want to call another area dealer and ask them, if you buy a car from them, if they could register it in IL.

OP
OP

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd ask the manager if they can do it rather than the sales person. Also, you might want to call another area dealer and ask them, if you buy a car from them, if they could register it in IL.
Yeah. Even manager told the same that he's helpless.

Asked all delearships in surrounding states too. No one are ready to give out car for this price. There is a $1000 difference!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
Yeah. Even manager told the same that he's helpless.

Asked all delearships in surrounding states too. No one are ready to give out car for this price. There is a $1000 difference!
Might want to call the IL DMV and ask what you would need to do for registration. The dealership should at least collect the tax.

OP
OP

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Might want to call the IL DMV and ask what you would need to do for registration. The dealership should at least collect the tax.
What would be the worst case? Do I need to drive the car to Illinois from Pennsylvania for its registration?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
What would be the worst case? Do I need to drive the car to Illinois from Pennsylvania for its registration?
I don't know if you can even do it yourself. Each state is different, so you'll have to ask them. It's really weird that a dealer can't handle it. People need out of state registration often (think military, among other cases)/.

OP
OP

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't know if you can even do it yourself. Each state is different, so you'll have to ask them. It's really weird that a dealer can't handle it. People need out of state registration often (think military, among other cases)/.
Haha
Yeah! It's strange that dealer don't want to do the registration. Thanks! :)
Sponsored