vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Sensing Metallic Steel/Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Everyone! I picked up a 2016 Civic EX with Sensing two weeks ago and love the thing so far. I didn't want to step up to leather seats as I prefer cloth on those. However, I would much prefer to have a bunch of the trim pieces that are currently cloth be leather instead.

Specifically I'd like the center console cover, armrest areas in the center and the door arm rest areas to get some leather trim love. Does anyone know if it's possible to order those parts specifically from either Honda direct or a third party and swap them out with what's currently in there?

I looked at some third party stores such as hondapartscheap.com but none of them seem to have the leather trim arts available.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
OP
OP
vincelatz

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! So how do I know which the leather parts are? It says deep black but nothing about leather versus cloth? Is deep black just the name of the leather color only?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If you start from the top page, you select the vehicle you are searching for parts for and that narrows it down to leather vs. cloth interior. In this case I used '16 Civic EX (Leather seats). But you should repeat for your confidence.

OP
OP
vincelatz

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks a million!

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I have a thread titled EX-L items for lower models which is about 4-5 down the list from your post. It lists the part numbers for the leather shift knob and steering wheel if you're interested in those. I've already ordered and received the parts. So they are available to order from places.

duox2innmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T w/HS
Country flag
I'm a bit confused by the price of the door armrests. Most of the leather parts are available for a reasonable sum:

Console $98
Left & right console armrest $39 ea
Shift knob $48
Steering wheel $86

But the little elbow rests in the doors, items 9 & 13 in this image, are $150-$170 each?

What am I missing?

OP
OP
vincelatz

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a bit confused by the price of the door armrests. Most of the leather parts are available for a reasonable sum:

Console $98
Left & right console armrest $39 ea
Shift knob $48
Steering wheel $86

But the little elbow rests in the doors, items 9 & 13 in this image, are $150-$170 each?

What am I missing?
I saw that when I started digging into parts. I asked the dealer and got nowhere, but it seems like they cost about the same everywhere. If you check discount part sites they are a little cheaper but still proportionally the same compared to the other leather upgrades.

My guess is that since the two arm rest pieces are actually the flimsiest material, they expect those to wear and need replaced so they charge more to make more money. I hate to think that's the practice but really no better explanation. There's zero electrical or mechanical components to the piece and it has less leather than the console tray which costs fraction.

I am currently pricing what a third party custom leather shop in the area (actually one my dealer contracts with for work) would charge to find a leather or vinyl that matches the dash and wrap all those pieces for me, including the actually door cloth above those pieces you mentioned. I probably won't do it for now, but when that cloth starts wearing out it's the first thing on my list! Maybe I'll just gradually have those parts wrapped over the next year or so.