Help with clear coat scratches repair

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I took my car to one of those touchless car wash stalls and used the compressed air thing to blow off the water. Unfortunately for me the whole contraption dragged into my car and scratched the clear coat in a few spots.

I know these are clear coat scratches as they disappear when sprayed with water/soapy water, and my fingernails don't get caught when dragged along the scratch.

What's the best way of going about fixing the scratches? Should I buy one of those repair kits on Amazon? Are there any permanent methods that don't require sanding?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The paint leaves something to desire for sure. I wash my car, hand wash damn. Near religiously and have been upset at fine scratches. I used meguiars mirror glaze this past week and it’s basically gone. You're Going to need some elbow grease and do the job right yourself.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Those scratches could probably easily be removed by using Meguiars M105 and M205, a polishing pad and a DA polisher- however, since you probably don't have much experience using those tools, I would probably recommend against it so you don't damage your paint.

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I took my car to one of those touchless car wash stalls and used the compressed air thing to blow off the water. Unfortunately for me the whole contraption dragged into my car and scratched the clear coat in a few spots.

I know these are clear coat scratches as they disappear when sprayed with water/soapy water, and my fingernails don't get caught when dragged along the scratch.

What's the best way of going about fixing the scratches? Should I buy one of those repair kits on Amazon? Are there any permanent methods that don't require sanding?
JC
Since you are in SoCal, sign up for a Detailing 101 class with Nick Winn at the Meguiar's Headquarters near John Wayne (O.C.) airport on selected Saturdays.
No charge for the class. Ask Nick Winn in advance if he can use your car for the class demo of the new M110 compound and M210 polish to help get rid of the scratches.
They will help show you better ways to wash your car to protect it from this type of damage.
https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/f...ng-Center-Detailing-101-Class-Sign-Up-Threads
Sponsored