obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
If i could post a video to help illustrate the problem my Si is having, i would. I posted awhile ago on purchasing a 2018 Si. However, it's become evident that the previous owner used this car for racing and turned it back in to the dealership. The shifter has become loose and my shifts into third gear 90% of the time feel like i'm grinding a rod in the sand. This can be alot of things, but since i did purchase this from the dealership, I wasn't taking into account the possibility of clutch failures and such. When I drove the car, the salesman did say that it's because the clutch needs to break in since it hasn't been driven in awhile.

In short,
When the shifter is in gear, I can basically wiggle it around (wiggle alot actually). The shifts into third gear always feel crusty unless I rev up the car. I've been looking into several parts, or possibly replacing the whole shifter (acuity) but it's simply not in my student budget to spend 500-600 dollars on my commuter car.

2018 Honda Civic Si, 36,000 miles. Try not to judge, it's my first car purchase on my own! :/
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Buy a type r shifter from the dealership for 60$ and throw it in. It will fix your problems plus its an upgrade compared to the si shifter.

OP
OP

obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
Buy a type r shifter from the dealership for 60$ and throw it in. It will fix your problems plus its an upgrade compared to the si shifter.
That's what i've been commonly reading, and replacing shift bushings and the base bushings and all that stuff.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
That's what i've been commonly reading, and replacing shift bushings and the base bushings and all that stuff.
You dont even need the extra bushing yet. The type r shifter will be such a massive upgrade.

OP
OP

obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
You dont even need the extra bushing yet. The type r shifter will be such a massive upgrade.
would i need to purchase a new shift knob if im getting the CTR assembly?