Help removing factory sub touring hatchback

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
About to wire in a LOC to my factory sub on my Type R, but there are not any visible plastic push-type retainers holding the carpet in place. The sedan has these all over the trunk, but none visible in the hatch. I started to pull the grill off of the sub, but i saw/heard glue tearing and stopped! Searched forums, and no writeups found. Help! Thanks!
Sponsored

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to begin with pulling out the little square cover that's on the reel holder (whatever you call that thing). There's gonna be a philips head screw behind there. Once you remove that screw then you can start pulling and the clips holding the carpet around the edge of the car will pop out. Be careful not to pull too aggressively on the plastic because they did a poor job of securing the carpet to the top plastic trim pieces on that side. The carpet and trim are held together by sort of plastic rivet which easily breaks if you're not careful. That should get you enough room to expose the sub wires to install your LOC. Also, don't forget to unplug the light that sets right above the sub cover! Hope this helps!

OP
OP

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
You need to begin with pulling out the little square cover that's on the reel holder (whatever you call that thing). There's gonna be a philips head screw behind there. Once you remove that screw then you can start pulling and the clips holding the carpet around the edge of the car will pop out. Be careful not to pull too aggressively on the plastic because they did a poor job of securing the carpet to the top plastic trim pieces on that side. The carpet and trim are held together by sort of plastic rivet which easily breaks if you're not careful. That should get you enough room to expose the sub wires to install your LOC. Also, don't forget to unplug the light that sets right above the sub cover! Hope this helps!
Thanks priceless! A good starting point was exactly what i needed
Sponsored