Help please. Best options to fix scratched or chipped paint?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,

Uggh. This may seem nit picky... but I was using my car this weekend to help transport stuff to support our son’s club’s soccer tournament... I was careful loading and unloading but apparently one of the volunteers that loaded when I was away was careless and scraped or chipped off some of my car’s paint and ceramic (2) black dots. No dents thank goodness, but I’m still annoyed and disappointed.

What are the best options to get it repainted so it looks the way it used to? Dealership? Collision center?

Thank you

Honda Civic 10th gen Help please. Best options to fix scratched or chipped paint? 25939498-E5D8-422A-818B-0F94ED6D92A4
Sponsored

Last edited:

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I went to a collision center, auto nation, $455 bucks later my rear passenger fender Is brand new again

Hello all,

Uggh. This may seem nit picky... but I was using my car this weekend to help transport stuff to support our son’s club’s soccer tournament... I was careful loading and unloading but apparently one of the volunteers that loaded when I was away was careless and scraped or chipped off some of my car’s paint and ceramic (2) black dots. No dents thank goodness, but I’m still annoyed and disappointed.

What are the beet options to get it repainted so it looks the way it used to? Dealership? Collision center?

Thank you

25939498-E5D8-422A-818B-0F94ED6D92A4.jpeg
Honda Civic 10th gen Help please. Best options to fix scratched or chipped paint? 20190704_143714

Honda Civic 10th gen Help please. Best options to fix scratched or chipped paint? 20190711_155416

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. Had some work done to our other cars in the past by Collision Centers. Was called Power Collision back then but are now part of AutoNation. Pricey but top notch. May have to get a quote. These (2) chips are minor... But it’s gonna bug me knowing it’s there.

Then will have to get the paint repair re-ceramic coated on top :(

Looking into the dr colorchip solution also but not sure i can apply it to look perfect or if it will adhere to the ceramic?

I went to a collision center, auto nation, $455 bucks later my rear passenger fender Is brand new again

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've learned the hard way that nothing sticks to ceramic, you need to buff it off then apply what you want to apply.

My R is ceramic coated, when I picked up my R after that fender was repainted it felt as If it was just a brand new part, was not coated at all. I had my guy at the shop I go to ceramic just that fender and he did it no charge

Thank you. Had some work done to our other cars in the past by Collision Centers. Was called Power Collision back then but are now part of AutoNation. Pricey but top notch. May have to get a quote. These (2) chips are minor... But it’s gonna bug me knowing it’s there.

Then will have to get the paint repair re-ceramic coated on top :(

Looking into the dr colorchip solution also but not sure i can apply it to look perfect or if it will adhere to the ceramic?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for sharing. That gives me some hope that it can be back to as new. My honeymoon phase has not quite ended yet so a noticeable repair would kill me....Pretty certain I’ll follow the route you took. Hopefully the shop that applied my ceramic and clear bra will be equally as cool as yours, otherwise that will be extra cost as well.

I've learned the hard way that nothing sticks to ceramic, you need to buff it off then apply what you want to apply.

My R is ceramic coated, when I picked up my R after that fender was repainted it felt as If it was just a brand new part, was not coated at all. I had my guy at the shop I go to ceramic just that fender and he did it no charge

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've taken 3 cars there for ceramic and clear bra as well as multiple ppl sent, he initially said 50 bucks but then changed it to 0, lemme know how it goes for you bro

Thank you for sharing. That gives me some hope that it can be back to as new. My honeymoon phase has not quite ended yet so a noticeable repair would kill me....Pretty certain I’ll follow the route you took. Hopefully the shop that applied my ceramic and clear bra will be equally as cool as yours, otherwise that will be extra cost as well.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took it for (3) estimates.. decided to go with Autonation Collision.

Was surprised my car insurance covers it. Still have to pony up for the $250 deductible... but thought I’d have to eat the whole thing.

Got (3) quotes from repair shops. $625, $700 and $1000.

Since it wasn’t collision related, insurance said the claim won’t affect my future rates.

Waiting to see if insurance will also cover the ceramic. The shop quoted me $200 :(

They also suggested applying PFF film on that rear bumper, saying it would have prevented this.

davidc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda S2000
Country flag
Took it for (3) estimates.. decided to go with Autonation Collision.

Was surprised my car insurance covers it. Still have to pony up for the $250 deductible... but thought I’d have to eat the whole thing.

Got (3) quotes from repair shops. $625, $700 and $1000.

Since it wasn’t collision related, insurance said the claim won’t affect my future rates.

Waiting to see if insurance will also cover the ceramic. The shop quoted me $200 :(

They also suggested applying PFF film on that rear bumper, saying it would have prevented this.

I know you got it fixed, but in the future for something like that, Dr. Colorchip works great. Then buy the honda bumper
Save yourself the disappointment of a scratched bumper with the Rear Bumper Applique. It provides extra protection when loading and unloading the trunk.

• Constructed of clear-coated urethane
$70 from Honda.
Sponsored