First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700hp e3 Senator, I30N
Country flag
Gday,

About to sign on the line for a new type R, will take around 6 weeks for delivery.

I live in extreme heat for 3 or 4 months of the year, and mostly sunshine all year round. Has anyone had any issues with paint fade on their cars and does anyone have any advice to prevent it apart from not parking it in the sun?

I'm still trying to decide on the colour, i like the red and blue but im guessing the red will fade faster. i like white but i saw one at a dealer a few years back and there was a noticeable difference in white colour between the rear bumper and the body panels and i believe its probably already starting to fade sitting in the car yard.

I really like the polished metal metallic a lot but we dont get that in this country, the only colour i dont like is the Sonic Grey. Wouldnt mind being convinced with sexy pics on here.

Any other advice for this stage of pre-delivery is always welcome.

Cheers, and thanks for having me.

dig
Sponsored

OP
OP
digitalpeer

digitalpeer

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700hp e3 Senator, I30N
Country flag
You actually raise a good point thats been playing on my mind, does anyone have any inside info on how far away the facelift is?

Deleted member 31314

No news yet, was expecting to hear something November but so far only the normal hatchbacks have been announced.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Polished Metal Metallic is the best color. Aegean Blue Metallic is second. If only they offered a burnt orange metallic...

I wax the car once a month to protect the paint. Dings and scars will happen unless you drop crazy money on PPF. I figure I’ll just repair and repaint the bumper at year 5 or so.

Deleted member 31314

PPF is not that expensive, I had the full hood, front bumper, front fenders, and the mirrors done. As well as all the other bits in the front and had my windows ceramic tinted for $1700. Well worth it to save from the damage you will incur from just driving it regularly. I detail and seal my car's paint as needed depending on how dirty it is. Most often a quick no rinse wash is plenty and looks fantastic.

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Mine is in Naxos, Greece so lots of sun. I love championship white and the added bonus is that it doesn't get as hot as other colours.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Buy what you like. My last five cars were white so I had to change. SGM was my first choice then PMM. But it does look great in every color.

Have fun shopping.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Pick the one you like best. Don't worry about paint fade. Just enjoy the car. I have white no issues with paint fade at all.
^ I second this. And granted I've only had my CW for 9 months I haven't noticed any changes in paint; it has been parked in a garage a handful of times since it arrived. I've seen Honda paint being called "soft paint" and at the end of the day you have to do what you can to protect it. Also get your windows tinted, will help with the heat. I noticed a huge difference after I got mine done. :D Good luck!

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Pick whatever color you like the most, depending on how much you care about one above the others you could do a priority list (My list was: Championship White, Sonic Grey Pearl, Rally Red) since availability can be limited. Personally CW is the iconic R color so I wanted that above anything else. As far as fade goes, any color that you take care of will last even with bright sun, just be sure to keep up with some basic paint maintenance and you'll be fine.

I too noticed the difference on my rear bumper with CW, but it's only in specific conditions that you can tell, most of the time it looks the same.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with everyone above ... get the color that you want, and you'll be more prone to taking better care of it.
I also agree with the above comments ... get the windows tinted!
I had mine tinted with 30% Ceramic Llumar (the darkest that I can use, legally) on all my windows, and a 5% Ceramic Limo tint on my sunroof ... and I have noticed quite a bit of difference.
I would also suggest (if it is legal, where you live) to apply an 80% Ceramic tint to the windshield. (this isn't legal in Florida, although my tint shop offered to do it for me ... but,I'm not one who likes to break the law).

Good luck with your upcoming Type R purchase ... and enjoy the car!
Sponsored