HELP!! New Fx300 doesn’t seem to be holding

Speedy02

First Name
Javy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 89 Crx, 91 Mr2
Shit man i have a fx300 there to install now am debating on selling it for a fx400
Sponsored

OP
OP
Asgroi9399

Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Yes. Given the mileage that you have put on it high rpm full power would be good to let it start seeing some of what your expecting. Then taper your "start rpm" down lower through usage and more miles.

Just as a for instance when I first got my car it was flashed by 1100 miles and using no lift to shift on a +6 map the first time it "slip engaged" pretty good. Since that happened maybe 2-3 times it stopped and I have thrown the coal at it so to speak ever since. Now at 10k and cant seem to make it slip even on a custom +9 I made.
Perfect thanks for the tip. I’ll start doing that. I was tuned on my stock clutch and it would only slip at the top of the rpm range not at all during no lift shift.

OP
OP
Asgroi9399

Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Shit man i have a fx300 there to install now am debating on selling it for a fx400
I could just be impatient and paranoid. There’s no reason it shouldn’t handle any power we throw at it unless it’s defectove or something went wrong during install. I would just baby it for 1000 miles or more and be patient with it. Don’t just do a pull to do a pull to see if it will hold 500 miles in

Speedy02

First Name
Javy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 89 Crx, 91 Mr2
I could just be impatient and paranoid. There’s no reason it shouldn’t handle any power we throw at it unless it’s defectove or something went wrong during install. I would just baby it for 1000 miles or more and be patient with it. Don’t just do a pull to do a pull to see if it will hold 500 miles in
Well shit man i hope it works out for u, keep us posted

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yes. Given the mileage that you have put on it high rpm full power would be good to let it start seeing some of what your expecting. Then taper your "start rpm" down lower through usage and more miles.

Just as a for instance when I first got my car it was flashed by 1100 miles and using no lift to shift on a +6 map the first time it "slip engaged" pretty good. Since that happened maybe 2-3 times it stopped and I have thrown the coal at it so to speak ever since. Now at 10k and cant seem to make it slip even on a custom +9 I made.
dump a few gallons of ethanol in it and bump your timing up a few degress if up want it to slip.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
dump a few gallons of ethanol in it and bump your timing up a few degress if up want it to slip.
Lol I have ran up to 35 percent and up to 1.5 degrees of timing but nothing crazy yet.

Car/clutch holds straight pump gas at knock limit no matter what I do with it. Absolutely rips for a fwd daily driver. It amazes me still lol.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Lol I have ran up to 35 percent and up to 1.5 degrees of timing but nothing crazy yet.

Car/clutch holds straight pump gas at knock limit no matter what I do with it. Absolutely rips for a fwd daily driver. It amazes me still lol.
im running 38-40% with the ktuner ethanol ign table values and 23psi and i think i was getting some slip in 4th on the highway between 3200-4000. Not exactly sure if it was slip or just the way it builds revs.. Anyway to be safe i tuned out some 4th gear boost between 2750-4500 rpm. Problem solved. Something to think about if you start getting slip in a certain gear.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
damn, i cant imaging putting the cash and labor into an aftermarket clutch and it still slipping with a mild tune. Something doesnt sound proper

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
I have fx300 on my sport hatch. Rv6 dp, prl fp, ktuner, vittuned e40 flex fuel, catch can,prl fmic, removed CDV and prl race cobra. Mine fx300 is holding strong and NO slippage at all. I started pushing my car to the limit at 500miles. I did get my duel flywheel resurfaced from a shop though.

OP
OP
Asgroi9399

Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I have fx300 on my sport hatch. Rv6 dp, prl fp, ktuner, vittuned e40 flex fuel, catch can,prl fmic, removed CDV and prl race cobra. Mine fx300 is holding strong and NO slippage at all. I started pushing my car to the limit at 500miles. I did get my duel flywheel resurfaced from a shop though.

Hmmm I guess they’re all a lil different even thought they shouldn’t be. I just got a brand new dmf. I didn’t get it resurfaced. I’m at 1100 now and it seems to be better :dunno:

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
Hmmm I guess they’re all a lil different even thought they shouldn’t be. I just got a brand new dmf. I didn’t get it resurfaced. I’m at 1100 now and it seems to be better :dunno:
Yeah I am at 15k with my fx300 and I be smashing lol. Well that's good to hear. Maybe you should do CDV removal. I don't know if it will help with the slipping though

OP
OP
Asgroi9399

Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Yeah I am at 15k with my fx300 and I be smashing lol. Well that's good to hear. Maybe you should do CDV removal. I don't know if it will help with the slipping though

Good to hear. And already done! Along with the prl braided clutch line :)

OP
OP
Asgroi9399

Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Although I must say I’m still concerned for when I reflash it. Fingers crossed it still holds

OP
OP
Asgroi9399

Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Update. I have about 4K on the Fx300 right now. After about 1500 I noticed it became much smoother to drive and stopped slipping all together. I am currently very satisfied with this clutch kit and would do it again if I could. I have not launched it but I’m confident it would hold just fine. No lift shift is not a problem.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update. I have about 4K on the Fx300 right now. After about 1500 I noticed it became much smoother to drive and stopped slipping all together. I am currently very satisfied with this clutch kit and would do it again if I could. I have not launched it but I’m confident it would hold just fine. No lift shift is not a problem.
My FX350 is slipping too only have 5000 miles on it lol. But all good getting a Action Clutch Stage 3 with SMF Aluminum Flywheel
Sponsored