Help! LTFT at -14 on TSP1 with K&N Intake

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Help! LTFT at -14 on TSP1 with K&N Intake B4338CCF-CCDF-47ED-9970-4832F10865FF
I just got the TSP1 tune on Hondata for SI and my LTFT got down to -14 at one point. I have the K&N SRI ...I know it’s not the greatest but I didn’t do enough research before I bought it. Is this bad or am I over reacting? Is there a way to adjust. I’m a noob btw

@DerekRobinson
Sponsored

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Check for boost leaks. You could have a loose hose

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It really only gets that way when I’m in boost. Does -14 mean rich or lean?
Negative numbers mean running rich.

If your LTFT was at -14, where were your STFT numbers at?

OP
OP
Burgerstandman
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I'm guessing you mean short term fuel trim then. Negative numbers mean running rich.
So my drive wasn’t very long like maybe 10min or so and it seamed to only get there on the Long Term Fuel Trim for a good 1/4 mile after I did a little pull and let off. Usually during normal driving my LTFT stays right at -10

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
STFT is real time. LTFT is kinda like an average. For STFT, If your running super negative or super positive while In boost something's off.

While regular driving STFT will swing wildly in both directions sometimes, this is normal.

OP
OP
Burgerstandman
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
STFT is real time. LTFT is kinda like an average. For STFT, If your running super negative or super positive while In boost something's off.

While regular driving STFT will swing wildly in both directions sometimes, this is normal.
I’ll try and upload a data log in a while so you can see what I mean. STFT does swing wildly but will level out at around -8 to -10 but then I’ll do a little pull in second gear and during the pull it gets down to -4 or -6. The scary part is right when I let off and drive normal after that I’ll get LTFT -14 to -18 for a good few seconds before it levels back out. I appreciate the feedback your giving me. I’ll go double check hoses and everything in a bit and then do a data log. Also I’ll make sure to drive longer to get an accurate LTFT

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I’ll try and upload a data log in a while so you can see what I mean. STFT does swing wildly but will level out at around -8 to -10 but then I’ll do a little pull in second gear and during the pull it gets down to -4 or -6. The scary part is right when I let off and drive normal after that I’ll get LTFT -14 to -18 for a good few seconds before it levels back out. I appreciate the feedback your giving me. I’ll go double check hoses and everything in a bit and then do a data log. Also I’ll make sure to drive longer to get an accurate LTFT
Letting off and seeing it go rich is normal. -4 to -6 isn't that bad, anything 10 or over and I start to worry. Sounds like you need a tune for that intake. I'd still check for boost leaks l, just to be safe
Sponsored