HELP! Issue after Reflashed

rylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
I bought a Ktuner V2 and tried to reflash the tune to my ECU. The reflash was successful but when I turn on the car, all errors pop up such as brake problem, VSA problem, TPMS problem, emission problem and many more.

I tried to drive it on the road with the thought the error will clear by itself, but the car was like jerk when it passes 2000rpm.

Now I’m stuck and what can I do? I tried the to reflash back to factory but it is still the same
Sponsored

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Hey mate,

Hope you got it fixed but if not I would be reaching out to Ktuner via email to see if they can support.

Giving you some context, my car went into recovery mode at one point due to battery failure. It then wouldntw turn on at all and I was terrified.

Once I figured out it was the battery I had a quick swap and it was fixed!

Usually a small problem that you can get sorted

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a Ktuner V2 and tried to reflash the tune to my ECU. The reflash was successful but when I turn on the car, all errors pop up such as brake problem, VSA problem, TPMS problem, emission problem and many more.

I tried to drive it on the road with the thought the error will clear by itself, but the car was like jerk when it passes 2000rpm.

Now I’m stuck and what can I do? I tried the to reflash back to factory but it is still the same
Question, are you are a cvt user? If so you may have flashed the wrong software for your ecu.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Question, are you are a cvt user? If so you may have flashed the wrong software for your ecu.
I'd say this is likely. Did you get it all good to go?

mikerow

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I'd say this is likely. Did you get it all good to go?
I had the same issue and I have an Si. I had to reflash it like 3 time for the program would stay. Now I have a check engine light on for a p2187. If you can help that would be awesome.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The Si doesn't have two codebases to choose from, like the CVT does.

Looking up the error code will shed some light on the error. System lean at idle bank 1.

mikerow

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
The Si doesn't have two codebases to choose from, like the CVT does.

Looking up the error code will shed some light on the error. System lean at idle bank 1.
Yeah I work at Honda and was able to check the code. The crappy thing is it brings up like 12 different things to check.
I think I might start with the MAF first.

Landonlapore16

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had the same issue and I have an Si. I had to reflash it like 3 time for the program would stay. Now I have a check engine light on for a p2187. If you can help that would be awesome.
Did you ever get this code fixed? Im having the same issue p2187... I got the code after reflashing and installing a cai. Ive double and triple checked the install and it looks fine. Any help would be appreciated.

mikerow

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Did you ever get this code fixed? Im having the same issue p2187... I got the code after reflashing and installing a cai. Ive double and triple checked the install and it looks fine. Any help would be appreciated.
The code has to do with low fuel at idle. At the moment I've been to busy to mess with it but I'm going to look into it this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

AndyjAi227

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan, 1999 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Country flag
I just bought a Ktuner V2 as well, and when i reflashed with a Tune 1, All the ACC, TPMS, problem with a CEL came on. I didn't experience the jerk like Rylim did with his civic. Any idea how to fix it. I've tried reflashing back to factory with the same issue.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
I just bought a Ktuner V2 as well, and when i reflashed with a Tune 1, All the ACC, TPMS, problem with a CEL came on. I didn't experience the jerk like Rylim did with his civic. Any idea how to fix it. I've tried reflashing back to factory with the same issue.
after you flash the ecu with the ktuner all your errors will come on the dash.
when the flash is completed you have to restart the car as the app instructs you.
when it says complete and flashed you disocnnect, start the car

you have to drive it for a little while and the codes will go away.

The system needs to recalibrate then just stop and restart normally and you're done.

anytime the car is flashed you'll get those codes. Its all in the ktuner youtube videos and website.

AndyjAi227

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan, 1999 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Country flag
after you flash the ecu with the ktuner all your errors will come on the dash.
when the flash is completed you have to restart the car as the app instructs you.
when it says complete and flashed you disocnnect, start the car

you have to drive it for a little while and the codes will go away.

The system needs to recalibrate then just stop and restart normally and you're done.

anytime the car is flashed you'll get those codes. Its all in the ktuner youtube videos and website.

Thanks for the info. Do you know normally how long does it to take to re-calibrate everything. I reflashed it again with a Tune 1 base map. The CEL is gone. but the TPMS, VSA, ACC and auto high beam is still showing problems. the brake system light is also on.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Do you know normally how long does it to take to re-calibrate everything. I reflashed it again with a Tune 1 base map. The CEL is gone. but the TPMS, VSA, ACC and auto high beam is still showing problems. the brake system light is also on.
i usually drive like 10-15 min at35 or higher and they fall off .
Sponsored