HELP! Coilovers preload!

rollerchester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic LX 2016
Country flag
So I just installed my BC Racing Coils and I have a problem with the rear knocking on both driver and passenger side. The knocking I hear is a loud one knock whenever I get over a deep holes or high uneven pavement.

I mailed BC Racing USA and they response back to check 3 things.
1. Preload is lose or wrong.
2. Lock perch came lose and need to tight them up
3. Endlinks ( replaced both of them and used lock nuts and lock tite)

As per number one, I have watched a tutorial on how to set the preload of the rear from BC Racing but it needs to remove the whole assembly itself to set the actual preload.

QUESTION:
Can I set the preload without removing the strut and/or spring itself by losing the bottom perch and turn the assembly up and down to increase or decrease preload?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
You can set the rear "preload" while the car is raised off the ground, though you may need to remove the wheels to access the perch. If for some reason you can't, you'll have to disconnect the LCA to remove the spring & perch to adjust. You may be able to spin the rear shock body while connected to the LCA, if you want to lengthen or shorten it. While you're there, recheck all your rear suspension torque specs - especially the endlinks.

Raising the perch may also raise the rear ride height. But it will prevent the springs from shifting during full droop. GL.

OP
OP
rollerchester

rollerchester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic LX 2016
Country flag
You can set the rear "preload" while the car is raised off the ground, though you may need to remove the wheels to access the perch. If for some reason you can't, you'll have to disconnect the LCA to remove the spring & perch to adjust. You may be able to spin the rear shock body while connected to the LCA, if you want to lengthen or shorten it. While you're there, recheck all your rear suspension torque specs - especially the endlinks.

Raising the perch may also raise the rear ride height. But it will prevent the springs from shifting during full droop. GL.
Im planning to drop my car a little more. I know the rear is bit different if the height adjusted the preload follows. Imma try when weather warms up. Hopefully I can adjust it without removing the strut and spring