Help 2019 Type R rear suspension incident

9thSItofk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
Hey guys, I bought a new 2019 CTR about 2 weeks ago and last week I got caught in the snow and hit my rear wheel on a curb :( I took the car to my local honda shop and the tech said the driver rear toe was off by 14mm and that no arms look visibly bent. He recommended I take it to a frame shop to ensure the frame is straight. It wasn't a very hard hit but it messed up the wheel pretty bad, would it be common for the frame to be hurt before an arm or something else is bent? or does anyone have any advice?

https://imgur.com/a/8MRU1XZ

Honda Civic 10th gen Help 2019 Type R rear suspension incident {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Help 2019 Type R rear suspension incident wheel ri
Sponsored

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Did the tech realign the car? If so, how is it driving?

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
"not visibly bent" does not necessarily mean that some of the arms aren't bent.

Fast Type R

First Name
Chin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
With 14mm out, likely that some component like the links are bent. Those are replaceable items, the most worried part is the frame or attachment point.

ems657

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STi, 2012 Infiniti G37 (sold)
Country flag
@ OP - Sounds like you will encounter some snow in your area. It's a good investment to buy a set of different tires (all-season or winter). Those factory summer tires will do more harm in this case.

Back to the repair - there are two routes and please gather info and do the math.
Out of pocket
Or through insurance - You will pay deductible and future lower resale value.

Cheers,

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ OP - Sounds like you will encounter some snow in your area. It's a good investment to buy a set of different tires (all-season or winter). Those factory summer tires will do more harm in this case.
yeah, I'm scratching my head....saw something about snow and saw those summer tires on still :eek:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yea definitely spend the money on new tires. I be toyko drifting whenever it snows here in jersey lol. Haven't found decent 18 inch wheels that dont break the pocket so im risking it with the 20 inch

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea definitely spend the money on new tires. I be toyko drifting whenever it snows here in jersey lol. Haven't found decent 18 inch wheels that dont break the pocket so im risking it with the 20 inch
I just got some goodyear tires, not too expensive and mounted them on the 20s...I use my 18's for the summer tires...less expensive that route lol

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Most likely you bent the knuckle or the arms back there. There meant to bend first before the frame. But sounds like you need to have a body shop look at the car and go from there. Prolly insurance use time..
Sponsored