OP
Vegas Viking

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If they're $180 per wheel chances are its just another chinese cast wheel company.
I don't race or "track" or do anything remotely exciting with my car. Only drive it back and forth to work. In that case is it absolutely necessary that I invest in a more expensive wheel?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't race or "track" or do anything remotely exciting with my car. Only drive it back and forth to work. In that case is it absolutely necessary that I invest in a more expensive wheel?
Just avoid hitting any potholes. Most of the cheaper wheels are ok to race and track, to drive daily on public roads, deal with potholes and poor road conditions, not so much.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For roughly the same price you can get some Enkei's no problem. Proven inexpensive wheels and they have their MAT technology...
"Enkei has adopted two technologies – the Durville die casting and MAT process that ensure cast aluminum wheels have strength comparable to forged ones."

I saw you dont plan on tracking or going crazy on mods but i've seen multiple people who say that, and once you make one mod, you'll just fall down the rabbit whole lol.
Not to mention its probably best (longevity wise) to fork out another $200 for more reliable long lasting wheels since its for your daily. Not to mention the stock SI wheels are actually made by Enkei so there wont be a dip in quality from what you have rn. I got my Enkei's for $192 but their 17's so a bit cheaper... got them on Emnotek.com btw. Good luck!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Vegas Viking

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For roughly the same price you can get some Enkei's no problem. Proven inexpensive wheels and they have their MAT technology...
"Enkei has adopted two technologies – the Durville die casting and MAT process that ensure cast aluminum wheels have strength comparable to forged ones."

I saw you dont plan on tracking or going crazy on mods but i've seen multiple people who say that, and once you make one mod, you'll just fall down the rabbit whole lol.
Not to mention its probably best (longevity wise) to fork out another $200 for more reliable long lasting wheels since its for your daily. Not to mention the stock SI wheels are actually made by Enkei so there wont be a dip in quality from what you have rn. I got my Enkei's for $192 but their 17's so a bit cheaper... got them on Emnotek.com btw. Good luck!:thumbsup:
Besides Enkei, what other brands would you suggest (I know nothing about wheels)?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Besides Enkei, what other brands would you suggest (I know nothing about wheels)?
Enkei is pretty much the most affordable (reputable) wheel company available. They have plenty of wheel options. A step down from them would be Konig and their newer wheel designs are flowformed and are great quality for the price.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Hey man. I also back Enkei 100%. I went with their TS-10 and couldnt be happier. Like my grandfather used to always tell me, "if your goin to get wet, might as well go swimin". That is some good North Carolina advice for ya.
$1,000 bucks is the sweet spot. Would it suck to rash these wheels? Yes, but it wouldn't be the complete end of the world. I almost decided just go head first and buy a set of Rays. Would have cost double +. I like to have confidence in the material that is connecting me to the road. You can have that confidence in Enkei. I can not speak for other cheaper brands like Konig, XXR, or Avid. Just didnt seem worth it to me.

OP
OP
Vegas Viking

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Enkei is pretty much the most affordable (reputable) wheel company available. They have plenty of wheel options. A step down from them would be Konig and their newer wheel designs are flowformed and are great quality for the price.
So far looking at Enkei's and Konig's websites, I don't see any designs I like as much as the Helo. However I do notice the Helos are slightly heavier, but still lighter than the OEMs.

OP
OP
Vegas Viking

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey man. I also back Enkei 100%. I went with their TS-10 and couldnt be happier. Like my grandfather used to always tell me, "if your goin to get wet, might as well go swimin". That is some good North Carolina advice for ya.
$1,000 bucks is the sweet spot. Would it suck to rash these wheels? Yes, but it wouldn't be the complete end of the world. I almost decided just go head first and buy a set of Rays. Would have cost double +. I like to have confidence in the material that is connecting me to the road. You can have that confidence in Enkei. I can not speak for other cheaper brands like Konig, XXR, or Avid. Just didnt seem worth it to me.
As you know, I've been thinking about powder coating my OEMs. I'm coming to realize the cost of aftermarket wheels isn't THAT much more than powder coating.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far looking at Enkei's and Konig's websites, I don't see any designs I like as much as the Helo. However I do notice the Helos are slightly heavier, but still lighter than the OEMs.
Don't see what you see, as personally I think those wheels look like truck/suv wheels.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
The Helo wheels look pretty rad. I would be a little worried about quality with that price. I like the design but cleaning those is going to be a chore. I will say that Enkei wheels are going to be more standard designs. They will be direct and to the point. I think they have a few fancy looking ones but it depends on what you are going for. I just wanted a wider but also lighter black wheel that holds up well and easy to clean lol. A lot of my purchase was based on practicality mixed with a hint of looks. Some may want the exact opposite, and thats okay!

OP
OP
Vegas Viking

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The Helo wheels look pretty rad. I would be a little worried about quality with that price. I like the design but cleaning those is going to be a chore. I will say that Enkei wheels are going to be more standard designs. They will be direct and to the point. I think they have a few fancy looking ones but it depends on what you are going for. I just wanted a wider but also lighter black wheel that holds up well and easy to clean lol. A lot of my purchase was based on practicality mixed with a hint of looks. Some may want the exact opposite, and thats okay!
I kinda dig both of these. https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...del=Civic+Si+Sedan&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...del=Civic+Si+Sedan&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=
Sponsored