Hello!

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi guys!
I have been cruising the Si forums as a guest for a while and once I finally created an account, the first thing I wanted to do is say hello and introduce myself.

I'm Rick and I recently purchased a 2017 Si sedan in Orchid White - her name is Vicky. This is my first civic and I'm loving it. Since this is my first I'm probably going to have issues and questions but from what I've read, I think I've come to the right place for help and answers.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hello! Message_1536198203483

Also, I have a fledgling YouTube show/channel called Rick's Garage. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCXk5mZOQI1sEnu5bIkhe7fA
On upcoming episdoes, I'm going to be featuring Vicky and all the upgrades I've got planned for the near future. I'm also going to try and keep up with a build thread in the appropriate section. I hope you guys will take a look and subscribe to the channel.
Sponsored

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
do LED headlights come standard on the Si in Canada or something?

if so, america is bollocks for giving us halogen projectors.

PWSi870

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Welcome brother. Love those headlights... wish The US gave us LEDs.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Yes, LEDs are standard on Canadian SI's, they have been since the introduction in 2017.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Welcome brother. Love those headlights... wish The US gave us LEDs.
Here is the thing about LED's. They are cool and all, but replacing a halogen bulb will run you around $40, while an LED you have to replace the assembly which is $400 plus. I rather have the halogen

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Here is the thing about LED's. They are cool and all, but replacing a halogen bulb will run you around $40, while an LED you have to replace the assembly which is $400 plus. I rather have the halogen
Yikes! I had no idea they were so pricey! I hope mine last a while!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Keep an eye out for my full build page coming soon and new video updates on my channel once I get the new HFP kit delivered.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
Yikes! I had no idea they were so pricey! I hope mine last a while!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Keep an eye out for my full build page coming soon and new video updates on my channel once I get the new HFP kit delivered.
I'm confused because in your video, the reveal where the car is pulled into the garage shows halogen headlamps but your photo here shows the LEDs.

Did you upgrade to the LEDs without paying $1200?

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm confused because in your video, the reveal where the car is pulled into the garage shows halogen headlamps but your photo here shows the LEDs.

Did you upgrade to the LEDs without paying $1200?
That's a really good catch! The stills are from a car and driver review of a US model. I didn't have a chance to get any good shots of the car before the weather turned

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
That's a really good catch! The stills are from a car and driver review of a US model. I didn't have a chance to get any good shots of the car before the weather turned
I see it now.

Do you plan to show installation or have some instructional content for installing or performing the mods you are going to do? I can see a lot of value if you document complex, difficult to perform, or gotcha moments during installation to help others that may lack experience, tools, or other resources.

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I see it now.

Do you plan to show installation or have some instructional content for installing or performing the mods you are going to do? I can see a lot of value if you document complex, difficult to perform, or gotcha moments during installation to help others that may lack experience, tools, or other resources.
Absolutely! I'm really looking forward to installing some goodies on this car.
I hope to bring value with a good coverage of installation, tools needed and post-install reviews and comparisons of some commonly discussed upgrades here in the forums.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
This is off topic, but I want to say that I really love Canadians. You guys (and gals) are really chill as compared to Americans. I spent a few weeks in Vancouver and Ontario on a project as an IT consultant, and I have never met nicer more hospitable people. Quick story: We land in Vancouver and pick up our rental. In those days (1998) we used maps as our GPS guide. Our hotel is in downtown Vancouver, we are lost and pulled over looking over the road map. Someone sees us looking at the map, pulls to the side of us and says "are you lost?" We tell him we are trying to get to such and such hotel. He looks at us, thinks a bit, and then says "I know where that is, follow me!" My colleague and I being suspicious Americans (from Los Angeles, no doubt) reluctantly agree to follow him, vowing to "break his fucking head" if he tries anything. Well we follow him, he takes us on about a 30 minute journey making this turn and that turn making us Angelinos more and more suspicious, but then we end up in front of our hotel! He waves goodbye to us, and then takes off. We thought that this was a one off, but it happened several times in both Vancouver and Ontario where people noticed we were out of place and asked us if we needed anything. If only Americans could learn from our neighbors to the North

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag