Hellbat Type R Thread R-02507

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
I've long documented my struggle with obtaining this car. As of October 2017, I actually had a 2017 Ford Mustang GT. I loved the car, but unfortunately, I lost the car in a brutal car accident at 70mph (I walked away with a minor concussion, and some bruises).

The lost car opportunity led me to finding a black CTR with no mark up. I was thankful, extremely thankful and walked away with a car I was long wanting for (I remember when they announced it a couple years ago). I did break my rule in obtaining it (I told my wife I'd never pay MSRP for a vehicle). Regardless, I walked away from the situation with a car I've longed for, with much cheaper payments than my Mustang. I purchased my car in October and have been EXTREMELY happy with it (passed 3k miles already).

Today finalized another BUCKET LIST goal of mine. A personalized plate. I chose HELLBAT. It's a long/deep reference to Batman. Batman, with the help of the justice league, created a supersuit that gave Bruce superpowers (at the cost of slowly killing him). The suit? Black and red. It felt like a natural fit. So, words cannot describe my happiness in circling this journey.

Mods/Changes:

18inch Black Painted A8-2 tires (wrapped in Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 tires)
20% tint
Plan on installing a black shifter knob soon

Feel free to follow me on Instagram - Hellbattyper (I'll follow anyone who follows me)

Looking forward to replies and meeting/talking with Type R fans.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hellbat Type R Thread R-02507 26734151_10156877760013765_5188962708878771254_n
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Maybe I will see you around the Cincinnati area. There is a Ohio Type R Owners group on facebook you should join if you haven't already.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I will see you around the Cincinnati area. There is a Ohio Type R Owners group on facebook you should join if you haven't already.
Congrats on the CTR! I learned a little bit about Batman as well.

Not a big Facebook user, but what is the group called?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Group is called "Type R Owners of Ohio"

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Do yall drive in the snow with the stock tires? Mine is parked here in Alabama due to the snow/ice and low low temperatures.

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
Do yall drive in the snow with the stock tires? Mine is parked here in Alabama due to the snow/ice and low low temperatures.
I don’t want to speak for the OP, but I don’t think those are the stock wheels and tires.

Personally, I pulled my stock wheels and tires off as soon as I got it home, and swapped to 18s. I don’t drive it in the snow, that’s what my truck is for, but I wanted to be able to take it out in the cold without worrying about damaging my tires.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As he stated in his post

Mods/Changes:

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I've long documented my struggle with obtaining this car. As of October 2017, I actually had a 2017 Ford Mustang GT. I loved the car, but unfortunately, I lost the car in a brutal car accident at 70mph (I walked away with a minor concussion, and some bruises).

The lost car opportunity led me to finding a black CTR with no mark up. I was thankful, extremely thankful and walked away with a car I was long wanting for (I remember when they announced it a couple years ago). I did break my rule in obtaining it (I told my wife I'd never pay MSRP for a vehicle). Regardless, I walked away from the situation with a car I've longed for, with much cheaper payments than my Mustang. I purchased my car in October and have been EXTREMELY happy with it (passed 3k miles already).

Today finalized another BUCKET LIST goal of mine. A personalized plate. I chose HELLBAT. It's a long/deep reference to Batman. Batman, with the help of the justice league, created a supersuit that gave Bruce superpowers (at the cost of slowly killing him). The suit? Black and red. It felt like a natural fit. So, words cannot describe my happiness in circling this journey.

Mods/Changes:

20% tint
Plan on installing a black shifter knob soon

Feel free to follow me on Instagram - Hellbattyper (I'll follow anyone who follows me)

Looking forward to replies and meeting/talking with Type R fans.

26734151_10156877760013765_5188962708878771254_n.jpg
Very Nice!

What part of Cincy are you guys in?

OP
OP
warrendeath

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
I'll have to join this then!

Group is called "Type R Owners of Ohio"
Appreciate the heads up!

Hell to the no. Stock tires are way too expensive and the tread was definitely not meant for anything below 60 degrees, let alone sub 30 with accumulation. I had winter tires from my Mustang but the fitment wasn't correct. So, I went with solid A/S tires and they've done well so far. The entire car is balanced and forgiving enough in sliding that I haven't had an issue so far.

I don’t want to speak for the OP, but I don’t think those are the stock wheels and tires.

Personally, I pulled my stock wheels and tires off as soon as I got it home, and swapped to 18s. I don’t drive it in the snow, that’s what my truck is for, but I wanted to be able to take it out in the cold without worrying about damaging my tires.
This is correct. Unfortunately(or fortunately?) this is my daily driver. I love this car too much to drive anything else. Ironically, I was looking at the Jag F Pace before committing to this (and the Camaro SS, M4, and a few others)

Very Nice!

What part of Cincy are you guys in?
I live North of Cincinnati, or in Mason, to be more specific. I've only seen ONE and it was black like mine, and that was on the east side. I like not seeing too many of them as it does add that element of uniqueness to the car.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I live North of Cincinnati, or in Mason, to be more specific. I've only seen ONE and it was black like mine, and that was on the east side. I like not seeing too many of them as it does add that element of uniqueness to the car.
I'm in NKY. A ways a way. Lol.
Sponsored