First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve wanted to get a weighted shift knob...but in the mean time I had ordered a knock off ctr style shift knob for about 5 bucks so why not.

Pretty much everything I read says weighted shift knobs are best as they will help smooth out the shift, I figured being a ball of metal the ctr knock off would have been pretty heavy, it’s completely the opposite thing is light as a feather.

When I first went for a short drive with the ctr knob that is apparantly filled with helium, I couldn’t stand it and almost took it right off felt like I was hitting gates just through my neighborhood, I was a bit afraid to try any kind of hard shifting thinking I may end up not being able to push the feather shifter in gear, I decided to leave it a bit longer to make sure I wasn’t a fan.

After going for a slightly longer drive I fell in love with the weight of the shifter, got the feel for it again and it feels more precise then the 180 gram stock shifter, shifting the car seems even more effortless now. I’m not sure the exact weight if this shift knob I don’t have anything to measure weight in grams like that but I was curious if the real ctr shifter is light as a feather as well or just my fake one?

Honda Civic 10th gen Heavy vs light shift knobs D0B24312-F21C-4A9B-A000-19F121917CC9

Anyway what’s your experience with different weight shift knobs?
Sponsored

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
I’ve wanted to get a weighted shift knob...but in the mean time I had ordered a knock off ctr style shift knob for about 5 bucks so why not.

Pretty much everything I read says weighted shift knobs are best as they will help smooth out the shift, I figured being a ball of metal the ctr knock off would have been pretty heavy, it’s completely the opposite thing is light as a feather.

When I first went for a short drive with the ctr knob that is apparantly filled with helium, I couldn’t stand it and almost took it right off felt like I was hitting gates just through my neighborhood, I was a bit afraid to try any kind of hard shifting thinking I may end up not being able to push the feather shifter in gear, I decided to leave it a bit longer to make sure I wasn’t a fan.

After going for a slightly longer drive I fell in love with the weight of the shifter, got the feel for it again and it feels more precise then the 180 gram stock shifter, shifting the car seems even more effortless now. I’m not sure the exact weight if this shift knob I don’t have anything to measure weight in grams like that but I was curious if the real ctr shifter is light as a feather as well or just my fake one?

D0B24312-F21C-4A9B-A000-19F121917CC9.jpeg

Anyway what’s your experience with different weight shift knobs?
link?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
86F008AB-5F04-47CA-91B8-1C051807D446.jpeg

This one?
That's Zeld... Nevermind, ignorant joke.

On topic though, weighted shift knobs are a lot smoother for sure. They are a little harder to shift (effort/force required), but the momentum ensures it gets into the gear you want smoothly. But a lighter, less dense shift knob just feels more mechanical feeling. They are much easier, and quicker, to shift though. Especially if you use something like the Spoon Sports duricon shift knob. I really can't choose, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Sponsored