siczy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
When my blower is on for my heat, there is a constant ticking coming from the passenger side of the dash. Is this normal? Is there a way to shut this thing up other than turning up the radio?

Thank you.
Sponsored

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
Sounds like you have crap in your blower housing. If you're up to it, remove the cabin filter and look in the squirrel cage (blower motor) and clean out all the leaves and crap. I just had to do this to my Forester.

If you don't want to do this, you're under warranty so just make it the dealers problem.

OP
OP
siczy

siczy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you have crap in your blower housing. If you're up to it, remove the cabin filter and look in the squirrel cage (blower motor) and clean out all the leaves and crap. I just had to do this to my Forester.

If you don't want to do this, you're under warranty so just make it the dealers problem.
The car only has 200 miles on it do you think I should even look in the cage?

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The car only has 200 miles on it do you think I should even look in the cage?
oh jezzz.......... really??????

Nah actually, I'd probably just take it right back to the dealer! Unless it's far away.

OP
OP
siczy

siczy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
oh jezzz.......... really??????

Nah actually, I'd probably just take it right back to the dealer! Unless it's far away.
It's a good 45 min drive, also they don't do the work on weekends so I cant really swing it because i work 8-6 every day.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's a good 45 min drive, also they don't do the work on weekends so I cant really swing it because i work 8-6 every day.
Normally the cause of that noise is leaves and crap getting in the intake vents by the wipers, but if your car has 200kms on it.... I’d say there’s a dealer trip in order.

OP
OP
siczy

siczy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Normally the cause of that noise is leaves and crap getting in the intake vents by the wipers, but if your car has 200kms on it.... I’d say there’s a dealer trip in order.
Ugh, what if i blow into the blower motor with like a compressed air canister like for keyboards?

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ugh, what if i blow into the blower motor with like a compressed air canister like for keyboards?
Eh, like I said, your car only has 200km. There’s probably nothing in there yet, and I wouldn’t dick around in there. Don’t give your dealer a reason to deny your warranty.

Just my advice. Can’t hurt anything to just pull the cabin filter out and shine a light in though.
Sponsored