HeadUnit got smashed.

Ktrothermel08

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 honda civic touring
This is my first post guys...i have a 2016 Civic Touring...now there are 101 issues with this car since i bought it back in November but..ill get into that later. First my headunit got smashed. Long story short ill take a pic of it and post it later but right after that got smashed my heat/ac, seat warmers front and back, outside temp and my front and back defrosters. I checked all the fuses top and bottom and nothing. Does it have to do with my smashed headunit? Its really uncomfortable driving with no heat in PA.

Second. Since i bought my car the struts are bad (tears apart tires at no mercy), i need a new windshield wiper switch (yes they stopped working), need a new windshield, and my passeners side window motor stopped working while it was down and someone tried to break in my car so i have a smashed back passenger side window (its covered up right now. Does anyone know of a good salvage site or a good place in PA or MD that has a 16-19 civic in the junkyard? I want to pull some parts to fix my car. I like my car overal its just the most problems i ever had with a car since my 1995 eclipse.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this!!
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Wow it sounds like you have really really bad luck or you have a nice lemon on your hands. I recommend car-part.com for searching junk yards throughout. You can also check eBay. You could grab the part number of the headunit and then search that on there, to make sure you get the same exact one.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
It's probably not the answer you wanna hear but i'd take that in to the dealer soon. For the various problems you're having including the headunit which needs replacing, it you be pretty hard to do anything on your own. Also, you may be still under warranty because it's 3 year/36,000 mile warranty so if you fit that criteria, you could just get it fixed under that.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
warranty will not apply to whatever caused the headunit and associated systems to fail with that clearly user inflicted damage. Same with struts unless its under bumper to bumper still somehow but even then struts are a wear item.

TheMrsBridges

SI Mom... fit all 3!
First Name
Tabitha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my first post guys...i have a 2016 Civic Touring...now there are 101 issues with this car since i bought it back in November but..ill get into that later. First my headunit got smashed. Long story short ill take a pic of it and post it later but right after that got smashed my heat/ac, seat warmers front and back, outside temp and my front and back defrosters. I checked all the fuses top and bottom and nothing. Does it have to do with my smashed headunit? Its really uncomfortable driving with no heat in PA.

Second. Since i bought my car the struts are bad (tears apart tires at no mercy), i need a new windshield wiper switch (yes they stopped working), need a new windshield, and my passeners side window motor stopped working while it was down and someone tried to break in my car so i have a smashed back passenger side window (its covered up right now. Does anyone know of a good salvage site or a good place in PA or MD that has a 16-19 civic in the junkyard? I want to pull some parts to fix my car. I like my car overal its just the most problems i ever had with a car since my 1995 eclipse.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this!![/Q

I thought I was the only one! Mine is smashed too and now it beeps constantly , turns off and on and out of no where radio kicks on at vol 40 and I've nearly wrecked several times. I'm looking to get it replaced with Pioneer W8400NEX since my quote came out to the same price HOWEVER since the car is so "new" no one around here wants to touch it. Post anything you find on replacements cause I may have to suck it up and get same HU and install myself....
Honda Civic 10th gen HeadUnit got smashed. 20190220_125207

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Smashed head units is a thing, I guess. Who knew?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
You may want to check, the screen is a separate part from the main head unit chassis, you may only need a new screen, from what I understand, not too difficult to replace. Worth a try.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Post anything you find on replacements cause I may have to suck it up and get same HU and install myself....
Does NOT look like you need a new Head Unit .. all you need is a new Display.
When you remove the HU, you will find that the Display detaches with a few Bolts, and some plastic retaining clips, and you can just PLUG a new Display unit into the Head Unit Box, connect back up 2 cables that go to the display, and you are back up and running - at least till you hit it again with frustration as it turns on and off Randomly.

OP
OP
Ktrothermel08

Ktrothermel08

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 honda civic touring

Honestly i thought i was the only unlucky person!! Im gonna check into a screen replacement. I also thought about different after market systems too. Todsy my head unit wont even come on. Does your heat and heated seats work with the smashed unit? My outside temp hasnt worked either. Its quite annoying.

OP
OP
Ktrothermel08

Ktrothermel08

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 honda civic touring
warranty will not apply to whatever caused the headunit and associated systems to fail with that clearly user inflicted damage. Same with struts unless its under bumper to bumper still somehow but even then struts are a wear item.
Its just so wierd at 40,000 it needs new struts already..i never replaced struts on any other car i owned. I have a toyota corolla and it has 200,000 miles on it and i never replaced struts...so wierd.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Please help me out here cause I feel so confused. How exactly is this "smashing" happening? Was it an act of God? The reason I'm asking is people are commenting how annoying it is that their smashed screens are causing malfunctions. What exactly did you expect after damage like that? Weird thread. Just get a new display and stop hitting the head unit with a hammer. :p