Headroom in the Coupe

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
I'm loving what I see so far on the coupe. One thing that worries me is headroom. I read they lowered the roof by 1" compared to the sedan.. but does that equate to a full 1" less headroom?

I'm a big guy (6'3") and my whole family is pretty tall. I worry about both front and rear head clearance. Anyone else worried about this? Do we have the full inside specs?
Sponsored

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In the front seats I don't think you would have a problem. I am myself a 6'4" guy and I fit quite comfortably in the front of the sedan with quite some space left in between my head and the roof. Even with 1 inch less in the coupe I could still fit.
The back seats however I think you can forget it: in the Sedan I was already touching the roof.

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
I agree, the front seats should be no problem as I'm 6'3" and fit in the sedan with room to spare. With the front seat in my preferred position in the sedan I also actually fit in the back seat behind it. My knees don't touch the seat nor does my head touch the roof. However my size 15 feet are tight under the seat.
On the coupe you should be fine in the front but no deal in the back. While it is surprisingly big back there, a 5'10" Car and Driver writer said he fit but his head was close to the rear window, it doesn't appear there is space back there for 6' plus people. If you need that you better stick with the sedan.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
I'm pretty sure they said the seating position has been lowered also so it may compensate for the lower roof.

OP
OP

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Thanks for the responses. Glad to hear the front seats won't be an issue, I'd hate to have to slouch to drive comfortably. My worry with the coupe is the really raked roof, they said it's so much flatter that a portion of it where it touches the windshield is actually lower than the sharkfin antenna. I worry that even if I have the headroom there will be visibility issues. Guess I will just have to wait to sit in it to be sure. If anyone gets a chance to check out the coupe in person at one of the shows I'd love a photo from the driver's seat outward and one showing the interior rake of the roof.
Sponsored