patrickadary1997

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
Country flag
So my passenger low beam went out, so I went and bought a new pair and replaced both, and it still didn’t work. So then I swapped the passenger and driver bulbs with eachother and the passenger still didn’t work. So I knew it wasn’t the bulbs, and I checked the fuses, but that wasn’t it either. After work I’m going to try swapping the low beam main relay with the main relay for the taillights to see if maybe that’s the reason. But has anyone heard of this happening to them??
Sponsored

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does high beam work? If not, check for a loose ground on the passenger side. (Also need to fix third sentence to "... NOT the bulbs...")

OP
OP

patrickadary1997

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
Country flag
Does high beam work? If not, check for a loose ground on the passenger side. (Also need to fix third sentence to "... NOT the bulbs...")
Yeah the high beams and all day running lights work perfectly. And thank you, just fixed the typo

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Then the +12 voltage is not getting to the bulb. Check the socket for corrosion or continuity (you'll need a VOM or circuit tester). Suspect the feed from the headlight relay is tied to both low beams. Be aware the main relay for the tail lights might be overloaded/damaged if you try switching it to the headlights. KMA.

Last edited:

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Putting on the tin foil hat...

Are you 100% sure the fuse is good? I've been fooled before by just eyeballing it. Try another known good one (or test with a meter) before ya' start going nuts.

Agreed re: checking the socket terminals for power. Work backwards from there to the fuse box.

Our wiring in this car is the smallest gauge I've even seen for this application. My feeling is that it can be damaged easily. Inspect around areas that tend to get a lot of fuxing around.

Good luck.
Sponsored