Headlight LED Recommendation

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
So I bought and installed these Sealight H11 LED bulbs.

SEALIGHT H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KB7QX3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

While they are not bad, I feel that I can do better. I opted for the fanless but will do a fanned light if need be. Since Amazon has free returns, I am looking to try either the Katana that folks speak of here or the Lightning Dark that has some strong reviews online. Recommendations?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mcmmotorsports
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Do the Hikaris hold up well in the rain, is their a lot of glare?
I used the Hikaris 9600lm before. It's not worth it with that price range. During raining, there are more glares from other people headlight then your own.
Don't get the led with a round cap at the end. Get the flat one, as flat as possible.

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I used the Hikaris 9600lm before. It's not worth it with that price range. During raining, there are more glares from other people headlight then your own.
Don't get the led with a round cap at the end. Get the flat one, as flat as possible.
Glare from other people headlights? What do you mean by that?

OP
OP
mcmmotorsports
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Received the Katana’s today. Only installed one, as a comparison and there is none. Night and day difference with the Katana’s coming out on top. Build quality is better too. I will see how they do tomorrow night on my way home.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight LED Recommendation EC10151F-E9CE-4892-8A10-4D0A980095B5

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Received the Katana’s today. Only installed one, as a comparison and there is none. Night and day difference with the Katana’s coming out on top. Build quality is better too. I will see how they do tomorrow night on my way home.

EC10151F-E9CE-4892-8A10-4D0A980095B5.jpeg
The Katanas vs _________? stock halogens? hids? other leds? I am really interested to know how the Katanas perform in the rain

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Katanas vs _________? stock halogens? hids? other leds? I am really interested to know how the Katanas perform in the rain
I didn't notice it at first, but I'm guessing
Sealight, since that's the other led in the pic. It's also the first led op tried in first post

OP
OP
mcmmotorsports
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
I didn't notice it at first, but I'm guessing
Sealight, since that's the other led in the pic. It's also the first led op tried in first post
You would be correct. Compared to the Sealight’s I originally purchased, when I started this thread.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I can also vouch for katanas. They’re way brighter than stock and I’ve been using them without issue since March. I have a review post on here as well with plenty of other members vouching for them

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I can also vouch for katanas. They’re way brighter than stock and I’ve been using them without issue since March. I have a review post on here as well with plenty of other members vouching for them
I've pretty much already been sold on the Katanas, but I need to know how they work in the rain. I live in Oregon and we get a LOT of rain/fog. Have you had experiences with them in the rain?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I've pretty much already been sold on the Katanas, but I need to know how they work in the rain. I live in Oregon and we get a LOT of rain/fog. Have you had experiences with them in the rain?
I've never had issues in rain. If you're super concerned you can always keep the stock halogens in your glovebox. I have a set in my car "just in case" but I never plan on using them.
Sponsored