Headlight film?

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently here in Xpel SA. Just had a chat with the designer. He will rectify the design to address our concern. Will give updates later.
I wish I could super thank this. I'm really curious what comes of this.

I was told by my dealer that they used a certain type of plastic on the headlights that won't yellow and also that they can withstand a 90mph crash and not crack... Anyone wanna test that??:popcorn:
Ummmmmmmm.... ... hmm... naaah. :p
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
My installer did a custom job on my car, since there are no templates for any part of it yet. I think he did a great job with the 3M, you cannot tell where it starts and ends on the headlights and barely see where it ends on the hood

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just heard back from Xpel with a few questions I had..

Firstly, it turns out the stuff they install in shop is a different film than you can buy online. The stuff I ordered online (that doesn't fit the Touring) is a 30mil film, and the stuff they installed in-shop is just their 8mil paint protection film. Hmph.

They referred me back to the shop to evaluate my concerns about the film not covering the whole lens. So, I guess I'm going back out there when I get a chance. @Rensyo , how did your visit turn out?

For what it's worth, I wound up paying $128 to have them install the headlight film... I don't know why I went through with that, clearly wasn't thinking. Live and learn, I guess.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Firstly, it turns out the stuff they install in shop is a different film than you can buy online. The stuff I ordered online (that doesn't fit the Touring) is a 30mil film, and the stuff they installed in-shop is just their 8mil paint protection film. Hmph.

They referred me back to the shop to evaluate my concerns about the film not covering the whole lens. So, I guess I'm going back out there when I get a chance. @Rensyo , how did your visit turn out?

For what it's worth, I wound up paying $128 to have them install the headlight film... I don't know why I went through with that, clearly wasn't thinking. Live and learn, I guess.
WOW!!! For that much you could have almost bought enough gas for a road trip to MA and get it done by my guy! ouch :(

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WOW!!! For that much you could have almost bought enough gas for a road trip to MA and get it done by my guy! ouch :(
LOL

Yeah. It just didn't register until later. I don't know why.

OP
OP
bhorn

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, the lens protectors I received from the Expel web store are thick, like can't bend it thick.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sorry for the late post. The guy who designed the film was surprised to see that there were gaps specifically on the sides after installation. He did some adjustments and tried out the film without installing it coz i had to go back to work. It's a better fit this time. I also asked him to make sure to cover the protruded part of the headlight which i have yet to see when it gets installed tomorrow. Will make sure to post pictures.

I not really sure why you had to pay that much. You might wanna let them know that i got it for $50 here in San Antonio.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag

Thats...confusing. o_O

:)

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the late post. The guy who designed the film was surprised to see that there were gaps specifically on the sides after installation. He did some adjustments and tried out the film without installing it coz i had to go back to work. It's a better fit this time. I also asked him to make sure to cover the protruded part of the headlight which i have yet to see when it gets installed tomorrow. Will make sure to post pictures.

I not really sure why you had to pay that much. You might wanna let them know that i got it for $50 here in San Antonio.
Thanks! I'm glad to hear they're making it right. The Austin shop is a monday-friday 8-5 operation, so I'll need to find some time off work to stop by there again, probably next week.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! I'm glad to hear they're making it right. The Austin shop is a monday-friday 8-5 operation, so I'll need to find some time off work to stop by there again, probably next week.
Just got my headlight film replaced this morning. I think they did a better job of coming up with the improved design. Can't barely see any gaps now. @scsi , did you get to replace yours already?

Updated pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? ima Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? ima

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I checked mine again, and they got so tight to that funny area on the lights, I didn't realize they didn't cover that part. But I'm not super concerned. It takes many many years for headlights to start to discolor

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I checked mine again, and they got so tight to that funny area on the lights, I didn't realize they didn't cover that part. But I'm not super concerned. It takes many many years for headlights to start to discolor
Mine does have these protruded part covered already on the front except for a small portion on the top. You're right our headlights should look new for a long time especially with regular wax application as well

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does have these protruded part covered already on the front except for a small portion on the top. You're right our headlights should look new for a long time especially with regular wax application as well
I also had the chance to see a really shitty clear wrap job done on a brand new 2016 BMW. The dealership did it. Charged the dude 5 grand. He took it to the place I go and had it all ripped off and done over for 1800. He had the entire hood nose and fenders completely wrapped.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also had the chance to see a really shitty clear wrap job done on a brand new 2016 BMW. The dealership did it. Charged the dude 5 grand. He took it to the place I go and had it all ripped off and done over for 1800. He had the entire hood nose and fenders completely wrapped.
That's crazy! Let me know once you've completed your wrap. I might consider getting it done there
Sponsored