hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Part of me wants to use Xpel's Stealth wrap to do my whole car
I wonder what the labor costs for something like that is. I'm a very DIY person, but I don't trust myself to do this kinda stuff right.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what the labor costs for something like that is. I'm a very DIY person, but I don't trust myself to do this kinda stuff right.
I'm in the process of wrapping my Element in 3M 1080 film. There's definitely a learning curve... I haven't done a single perfect panel yet. There's no way I would try this on my new CivicX. If any film goes on my Civic, it's being put there by a pro.
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1323

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the process of wrapping my Element in 3M 1080 film. There's definitely a learning curve... I haven't done a single perfect panel yet. There's no way I would try this on my new CivicX. If any film goes on my Civic, it's being put there by a pro.
IMG_1323.jpg
Looks pretty damn good in the picture!

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I'll get some detail shots a little later, though. There are blemishes all over that would drive me mad on my new car.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I got my Touring yesterday... Looks like the Xpel kit I got was made for the other trims. I sent them an email about it --- I definitely specified Touring on the order. So be aware, Xpel may not be ready for the touring yet.
IMG_1284.jpg
My Touring headlamp films are being installed here in Xpel San Antonio (headquarters) right now. Their designer informed me that this is the first touring that they are gonna be working on. Hope everything turns out to be fine.

Will post some pictures in a bit....

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My Touring headlamp films are being installed here in Xpel San Antonio (headquarters) right now. Their designer informed me that this is the first touring that they are gonna be working on. Hope everything turns out to be fine.
How much, if you don't mind me asking? I may just swing by San Antonio before I have to go back to work. Which may just be an excuse to stop by Cooper's BBQ in new braunfels ;-)

I did offer to let Xpel (austin) borrow my car to get a proper fit, though they haven't returned my emails yet, so I'm not sure what to do.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? FullSizeRender Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1067.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1068.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1069.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1070.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1071.JPG

Will post some pictures in a bit....
Got them done after 1.5 hours since they had to custom cut the films for the Touring headlights. The actual installation took about 20 mins. Very pleased with the installation although I was kinda expecting that there will be no exposed areas. If you may refer to the pictures, the sides are not completely covered and the protruded part of the headlight was partially exposed as well. I haven't had the chance to talk to the designer again after the installation. So for those who are planning to visit Xpel, you might wanna discuss this matter.

Over-all I don't think it will be an issue since the exposed areas are very minimal. Xpel offers a 10 year warranty against damage to the film due to small rocks and when it turns yellowish as well. They will replace the whole film in case these happen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? FullSizeRender
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1067.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1068.JPG

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Got them done after 1.5 hours since they had to custom cut the films for the Touring headlights. The actual installation took about 20 mins. Very pleased with the installation although I was kinda expecting that there will be no exposed areas. If you may refer to the pictures, the sides are not completely covered and the protruded part of the headlight was partially exposed as well. I haven't had the chance to talk to the designer again after the installation. So for those who are planning to visit Xpel, you might wanna discuss this matter.

Over-all I don't think it will be an issue since the exposed areas are very minimal. Xpel offers a 10 year warranty against damage to the film due to small rocks and when it turns yellowish as well. They will replace the whole film in case these happen.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
Wow, I wonder why they did not cover the whole thing? I Had a 3M installation on my Touring, and they are covered so well you cannot tell where the film ends

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much, if you don't mind me asking? I may just swing by San Antonio before I have to go back to work. Which may just be an excuse to stop by Cooper's BBQ in new braunfels ;-)

I did offer to let Xpel (austin) borrow my car to get a proper fit, though they haven't returned my emails yet, so I'm not sure what to do.
Paid $50 plus tax for the whole thing

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, I wonder why they did not cover the whole thing? I Had a 3M installation on my Touring, and they are covered so well you cannot tell where the film ends
I guess this is the downside of being a guinea pig :)

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this is the downside of being a guinea pig :)
True, I was too, they only charged me 40 bucks total to do mine because I had the font 1/3 of the hood done too

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True, I was too, they only charged me 40 bucks total to do mine because I had the font 1/3 of the hood done too
I just spoke with Xpel and forwarded pictures. They will reach out to the design team to fix this issue. I am expecting them to replace my film by next week.

How much did the 1/3 hood cost you? Did you try to consider film for your bumper too?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke with Xpel and forwarded pictures. They will reach out to the design team to fix this issue. I am expecting them to replace my film by next week.

How much did the 1/3 hood cost you? Did you try to consider film for your bumper too?
To wrap 1/3 of the nose complete, would have cost me 600, but could not afford it, as I was getting the windows tinted that day too.
So I got 1/3 the hood including the little piece between the grille and the hood for 200, and the headlights for 20 bucks each.
I'll get the rest of the front done eventually, just need to let my bank account take a breather from all the rest of the accessories I put on lol.
I got 35% carbon tint on all windows and on the moon roof for 200 bucks. So I paid 440 for the clear wrap and the tint, tint has a life time warranty I think the clear wrap is 5 or 6, they suggested using spray wax on it periodically to keep it moist and pliable.
Sponsored