Headlight film?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Getting my windows tinted on Saturday, I may inquire about getting my headlights done and possibly getting the plastic on the hood to prevent chipping.
Sponsored

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
Getting my windows tinted on Saturday, I may inquire about getting my headlights done and possibly getting the plastic on the hood to prevent chipping.
If you drive a lot of highway miles protecting the front end is always a good idea to prevent sandblasting over time.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you drive a lot of highway miles protecting the front end is always a good idea to prevent sandblasting over time.
Definitely going to see how much it is to wrap the front. But I go through the car wash several times a week, I have an unlimited wash pass for my car, so I'm wondering how the film will stand up to getting washed a lot?

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
If you get pre-cut 3M headlight film for your Touring, make sure it's not the same part number as the other trim levels. If they list the same part number then it won't fit due to the LED headlight lens being different. My installer said there was no template listing for the Touring yet so he modified the parts to fit. Doesn't look as professional as the rest of the job.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you get pre-cut 3M headlight film for your Touring, make sure it's not the same part number as the other trim levels. If they list the same part number then it won't fit due to the LED headlight lens being different. My installer said there was no template listing for the Touring yet so he modified the parts to fit. Doesn't look as professional as the rest of the job.
The place I'm going, can wrap the entire front of the car, they have a video of them wrapping some crazy expensive sports cars and you cannot tell the film is on there anywhere.
Though I do not know the price point for it. Getting the windows done Saturday, I suppose I should call the guy tomorrow and inquire in case I want to get it done.
I'll let you know. If I'm getting it done I may as well wrap the entire nose, since I do 75 miles a day highway in Massachusetts

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
The place I'm going, can wrap the entire front of the car, they have a video of them wrapping some crazy expensive sports cars and you cannot tell the film is on there anywhere.
Though I do not know the price point for it. Getting the windows done Saturday, I suppose I should call the guy tomorrow and inquire in case I want to get it done.
I'll let you know. If I'm getting it done I may as well wrap the entire nose, since I do 75 miles a day highway in Massachusetts
That's a lot of high speed miles so I would do it too if I were in your shoes. Imagine just one winter with all the dust, dirt, salt, and other wintry crud that the front end will have to deal with. Money well spent IMO. Go with a high quality clear bra and you should be fine in car washes. The good stuff should all have decent warranties too so make sure to ask about how long and what's covered.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a lot of high speed miles so I would do it too if I were in your shoes. Imagine just one winter with all the dust, dirt, salt, and other wintry crud that the front end will have to deal with. Money well spent IMO. Go with a high quality clear bra and you should be fine in car washes. The good stuff should all have decent warranties too so make sure to ask about how long and what's covered.
I believe he uses 3M stuff. I will inquire tomorrow what he use's, what the warranty is, and how much it will cost to wrap her nose. I'll let you know. This guy always does amazing work.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I believe he uses 3M stuff. I will inquire tomorrow what he use's, what the warranty is, and how much it will cost to wrap her nose. I'll let you know. This guy always does amazing work.
3M is the good stuff. Frequent washings should be just fine.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
3M is the good stuff. Frequent washings should be just fine.
It's going to run me 600 to wrap the whole nose. That's going to have to wait a few pay checks lol

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I got my Touring yesterday... Looks like the Xpel kit I got was made for the other trims. I sent them an email about it --- I definitely specified Touring on the order. So be aware, Xpel may not be ready for the touring yet.
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight film? IMG_1284

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For that 600 include bumper hood front fenders .. Mirrors and the door cups ... ?
Bumper ,1 third of hood and 1 thiRd of fenders

Last edited:

KBS756

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Bumper ,1 third of hood and 1 thiRd of bumpers
Is there a place to purchase xpelmultimate and just do the install yourself ?

Might take more work but sounds like it would be a lot cheaper for what I would want done

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a place to purchase xpelmultimate and just do the install yourself ?

Might take more work but sounds like it would be a lot cheaper for what I would want done
What I had done was 3M
Sponsored