OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
This is what I have it "set" to now. Fingers crossed this can be figured out to end this headache

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Screenshot_20190616-201920

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Screenshot_20190616-202023

View attachment 157821

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Screenshot_20190616-202001

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You turned the rod to the right? Right is nice and tight or once you feel some tension
Yes I turned it to the right until the purple part touched the bolt and turned it a bit more. It was actually difficult to turn and I had to press the clutch in a bit to get it

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I turned it to the right until the purple part touched the bolt and turned it a bit more. It was actually difficult to turn and I had to press the clutch in a bit to get it
Your not suppose to press the clutch in lol. Your only suppose to turn until you feel it starting to get resistance and then stop.

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Your not suppose to press the clutch in lol. Your only suppose to turn until you feel it starting to get resistance and then stop.
The rod would not spin at all when I loosened the nut! That was the only way to make it turn

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The rod would not spin at all when I loosened the nut! That was the only way to make it turn
Well when you break the nut loose your suppose to just turn the rod left to loosen and back right to retighten. Remember you have to adjust the actual clutch pedal height too and don't need to raise it all the way up. Keep the cotter pin in as that doesn't need to be removed when adjusting the rod

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also if you don't know then just take it to a trans shop and they can adjust it for you at a cost of course till you can go into gears easily as it should.

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Well when you break the nut loose your suppose to just turn the rod left to loosen and back right to retighten. Remember you have to adjust the actual clutch pedal height too and don't need to raise it all the way up. Keep the cotter pin in as that doesn't need to be removed when adjusting the rod
I couldn't spin in no matter how hard I tried until I pushed the pedal in a little. I'm taking it tomorrow morning to a friend of a friend's shop and hopefully he'll be able to tell me what's wrong. Thank you and everybody else for the help. I'll keep y'all updated

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Car has been dropped off. Now we wait to see what can be found

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The mechanic says it is something "internal" and that it is either a botched clutch job or a defective clutch. I am not looking forward to this at all. Going to take it back to the transmission shop tonight or tomorrow

Last edited:

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
The mechanic says it is something "internal" and that it is either a botched clutch job or a defective clutch. I am not looking forward to this at all. Going to take it back to the transmission job tonight or tomorrow
That sucks, let us know what happens..

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
That sucks, let us know what happens..
I will! I have been keeping MAPerformance up to date on what is going on. They have been pretty responsive. I unfortunately cannot say the same about Clutch Master. My main concern is if it is a defective clutch my car is going to be out of commission for at least another week or two. Assuming that MAPerformance and/or Clutchmaster will send me a replacement and if the shop will charge me again to replace the parts that are not covered by their warranty. Just the labor

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will! I have been keeping MAPerformance up to date on what is going on. They have been pretty responsive. I unfortunately cannot say the same about Clutch Master. My main concern is if it is a defective clutch my car is going to be out of commission for at least another week or two. Assuming that MAPerformance and/or Clutchmaster will send me a replacement and if the shop will charge me again to replace the parts that are not covered by their warranty. Just the labor
I don’t think it is the fault of MAP or CM. I think part of your old speed sensor is broken off inside your transmission. This would make the third case I have seen, if that is indeed the issue. For some reason people tend to mess with the speed sensor during a clutch install, but you are not supposed to.

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I don’t think it is the fault of MAP or CM. I think part of your old speed sensor is broken off inside your transmission. This would make the third case I have seen, if that is indeed the issue. For some reason people tend to mess with the speed sensor during a clutch install, but you are not supposed to.
I'll make sure to tell the mechanics to take a look at that. I don't think so though cause once the car is past first gear the car drives smoothly. The problem is only during 1st and reverse. I just hope they figure it out.

Thankfully MAP and CM have been answering all my questions and concerns.

The CMC and slave have been ruled out to be the problem by two outside mechanics

I think the shop will have a lift open up tomorrow and they'll drop the transmission

OP
OP
luigi2120

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The shop finally had a lift available and was able to drop the transmission. Something definitely is not right. The pressure plate looks all banged up and even has a burnt spot on it. The clutch also seems to have a wear mark and some burnt spots as well. Everything seems to be okay with the throw out bearing and flywheel. I will try to post better pictures of everything today or tomorrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Back of Pressure Plate

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Clutch3

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change flywheel

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Scraped Up Pressure Plate 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change Scraped Up Pressure Plate 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change throwoutbearin

Honda Civic 10th gen Headache after Clutch Change throwoutbearing2