Have any of you driven or own a 2020 Hatch Sport Touring with the manual?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
If so, I was just wondering how it compares to the Si?
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Si has limited slip differential but the hatch does not. Also, I think the Si springs are slightly stiffer and lower.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
If you like to take quick controlled turns while in the power youre gonna want that LSD for sure. If its just a grocery getter dont bother. The lsd makes highway driving slightly more of a chore

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
If you like to take quick controlled turns while in the power youre gonna want that LSD for sure. If its just a grocery getter dont bother. The lsd makes highway driving slightly more of a chore
How does it make highway driving more of a chore? I’m just curious because I’ve never heard of this

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How does it make highway driving more of a chore? I’m just curious because I’ve never heard of this
If the road is uneven the tires will pull is what seems random directions. Since both tires have power if the road isnt flat it will pull the steering wheel slightly to settle itself. Lkas will mitigate 99% of this. Driving my dads 2.0 vs my so i really really notice it getting back into my car.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did the 2020 hatch get the revised final drive that the 2020 Si got? Or is the gearing completely different?

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
What does the LSD do on the highway?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
I gets no hassle highway drinin from my LSD. After two lx's the si is the best driver on the highway. Nice and straight, not so with the LX's.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont think any civic is a hassle to drive. But when the roads are uneven. And lsd is gonna want to stick to the roads more than the non lsd. This can make for slight darting feeling. Like i keep saying, its slight. Also ok roads are shit

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
If the road is uneven the tires will pull is what seems random directions. Since both tires have power if the road isnt flat it will pull the steering wheel slightly to settle itself. Lkas will mitigate 99% of this. Driving my dads 2.0 vs my so i really really notice it getting back into my car.
Hmm that’s interesting. I never knew that, but then again I’ve never driven a front wheel drive with a limited slip differential. All my limited slips have been rear wheel drive.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
That doesn't sound like something that a limited slip differential would cause, unless one tire is losing grip when it happens. You're sure it's not something else causing it, like the tires or suspension?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That doesn't sound like something that a limited slip differential would cause, unless one tire is losing grip when it happens. You're sure it's not something else causing it, like the tires or suspension?
Like i said. Uneven roads. The car just broke 4k miles and has been babied. Ive had many fwd cars with LSD and its just how it is. Both tires want to stick to the road and when one tire gets pulled a different way because part of the road dips well, the wheels follow the road I. Its not a huge effect but you can feel it in the steering wheel.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a 2020, but our 2018 Sport Touring 6MT has just been a dream to drive (57 000km). Test-drove a CVT before settling on a 6MT, found no pleasure in the experience. 6MT Highly Recommended.

nubpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I dont think any civic is a hassle to drive. But when the roads are uneven. And lsd is gonna want to stick to the roads more than the non lsd. This can make for slight darting feeling. Like i keep saying, its slight. Also ok roads are shit
Incorrect. You're spreading false information, that isn't how a differential works at all. A limited slip differential is effective when a wheel is slipping.

https://oards.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-limited-slip-differential/
Sponsored