Hatchback - What did you pay?

xcx4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 1989 bmw e30 325i
Country flag
Good news! Where is this dealership? It's called Automation? What was your OTD?
It's auto nation Honda in Costa Mesa. Taxes are 9%here so the tax is a bit higher than say long beach which is 8%. My OTD is 24515

Reactions: lem

mottillod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB EX-L
I just picked up a Sonic Gray EX-L with a MSRP of $26,135 but got them down to $24,000. I think I did alright..

Reactions: lem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I just leased a 2017 Hatchback LX CVT and here are the details: All prices are in Canadian Dollars and include all fees and HST(13%)

Protection package
Rust undercoating (paid for with downpayment, $799 w/ 10 year warranty)
wheel locks
$1,899 down (includes rust proofing and air conditioning environmental tax)
$400/month
36 months
24,000km/year
Residual $12,252
Cash price including tax and everything is $25,823

I went to a few dealerships, Honda and other brands and this place was the only one willing to negotiate and gave me the best numbers. Dealerships all seem to say they only got 3 hatches initially and they're selling just fine, so you can't hold out too long unless you want to wait a couple months when they get a larger release. Just wanted to share my experience and the price I paid so everyone knows what to expect and you'll know if a salesperson is giving you a fair price.

slingshot

Slingshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
Well, I just bought the wife a 2017 Civic EX Hatchback this past Saturday at Hendrick Honda in Concord, NC. Salesman's name was Tom. I can't tell you how it all broke down because I only deal in out the door pricing (OTD). Bought it for $23,554.00 OTD which included a 3% sales tax, TTT and whatever fees they charge. We had to order it because the wife wanted the silver one and they didn't have one in stock. Should be in any day now. Good folks at Hendrick.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$21,500 ($1300) off list. 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport with all weather mats.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
$21,500 ($1300) off list. 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport with all weather mats.
Did your list price include $650 in accessories or something? Did you buy the car in Rochester? I saw that one, decided it was too far for me. :)

Dirty Bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Formula Firebird, 2013 GMC Sierra
I live in Winnipeg, Canada. Today after 1h of negotiation I got this offer from dealer, said no because it was $300 off my ceiling offer.

Car: Civic Hatchback LX Manual Transmission
Sticker price: 24,340
My final offer: 22,700
Dealer final offer: 23,000

Pricing are before tax. I'm not intending to pay any bullsh!t like DOC fee or documentation fee so I'm going to have to deal with that if I agree to this offer.

What do you guys think about this offer? Should
I live in Winnipeg, Canada. Today after 1h of negotiation I got this offer from dealer, said no because it was $300 off my ceiling offer.

Car: Civic Hatchback LX Manual Transmission
Sticker price: 24,340
My final offer: 22,700
Dealer final offer: 23,000

Pricing are before tax. I'm not intending to pay any bullsh!t like DOC fee or documentation fee so I'm going to have to deal with that if I agree to this offer.

What do you guys think about this offer? Should I take this?
Did you end up buying the car? If so what did you end up buying it for? I am in Thunder Bay and am dealing with a dealership in Winnipeg. Also which dealership was were you dealing with

Dirty Bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you in Canada?
I just leased a 2017 Hatchback LX CVT and here are the details: All prices are in Canadian Dollars and include all fees and HST(13%)

Protection package
Rust undercoating (paid for with downpayment, $799 w/ 10 year warranty)
wheel locks
$1,899 down (includes rust proofing and air conditioning environmental tax)
$400/month
36 months
24,000km/year
Residual $12,252
Cash price including tax and everything is $25,823

I went to a few dealerships, Honda and other brands and this place was the only one willing to negotiate and gave me the best numbers. Dealerships all seem to say they only got 3 hatches initially and they're selling just fine, so you can't hold out too long unless you want to wait a couple months when they get a larger release. Just wanted to share my experience and the price I paid so everyone knows what to expect and you'll know if a salesperson is giving you a fair price.
I'm in Thunder Bay and looking at the same car. What was the MSRP of the car you looked at? The dealer hear won't deal much, fear I may have to go elsewhere. Right now I'm trying to figure out a first offer to them. Any tips?

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
Did you end up buying the car? If so what did you end up buying it for? I am in Thunder Bay and am dealing with a dealership in Winnipeg. Also which dealership was were you dealing with
MSRP $24,340, I ended up taking the dealer's final offer of $23000, figured it is the 17 model there won't be much more room to haggle, and that was the only 6spd manual in Winnipeg at that time, not even sure how many we have here in total, I'm sure it's less than 4.

Out the door price was $23000 plus 13% tax and tire tax A/C tax, that's it. No options, no doc fee or any kind of BS.

I bought from Birchwood Honda West

Dirty Bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MSRP $24,340, I ended up taking the dealer's final offer of $23000, figured it is the 17 model there won't be much more room to haggle, and that was the only 6spd manual in Winnipeg at that time, not even sure how many we have here in total, I'm sure it's less than 4.

Out the door price was $23000 plus 13% tax and tire tax A/C tax, that's it. No options, no doc fee or any kind of BS.

I bought from Birchwood Honda West
Ok great. I'm dealing with a birch wood also. So does that mean you didn't pay the 804 fee for the block heater etc? Or is that also not paying the freight? So you got $1300 off, or was it more depending on the freight and fees? Also did you try other Honda dealers around Winnipeg? If so which ones. I was thinking about calling Steinbach also. Birchwood has committed to winter tires so far, but doesn't want to do much else.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did your list price include $650 in accessories or something? Did you buy the car in Rochester? I saw that one, decided it was too far for me. :)
It was $22935.00 list which included $835 freight got them down to $21500.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback - What did you pay? IMG_6314.JPG
Sponsored