MSRP: $21,500
Destination Charge: $875
Dealer Doc/Handling Fee: $570
Final Sales Price after discounts: $21,109
Price after trade: N/A
Taxes: $897.13
Title/Tags: included in Dealer Doc Fee

TOTAL OTD: $22,006

Dealer made a few hundred bucks off me, but really hard to bargain down any further when there was only 3 manual sport hatches within a 400 mile radius of Denver. The only one in Denver was loaded with dealer options and priced around 22k before TT&L. Located my Lunar Silver down in Pueblo and negotiated solely via internet and placed a deposit sight unseen. Brought her home yesterday (in a blizzard!) and couldnt be happier!

You have the car I wanted but could not obtain anywhere within 12 parsecs of Kansas City due to Honda's ridiculously inflexible ordering / allocation system. I hate you. Just a friendly morning FYI. Have a wonderful day.

Oops. Actually, I wanted a manual LX hatch. But still, close enough. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

:)
Sponsored

jliiiiil

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have the car I wanted but could not obtain anywhere within 12 parsecs of Kansas City due to Honda's ridiculously inflexible ordering / allocation system. I hate you. Just a friendly morning FYI. Have a wonderful day.

Oops. Actually, I wanted a manual LX hatch. But still, close enough. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

:)
Lol, I feel your pain, but hey good things are worth waiting for right?!?! I agree Hondas' allocation on these is a bit strange. Not sure how far you're willing to travel but there seems to be an inordinate amount of manual's in the Omaha NE area, or at least was a couple weeks ago.

Good luck with the hunt, Lunar silver really shows off the design of the car well.

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
Bought 2 of the sport touring
1 on March 5th and one on March 10th. Same salesman and dealer. Shopped it around and this dealer beat the rest by about $100.

State: AR
Trim: Sport Touring Hatchback
Tranny: CVT
Color: Sonic Grey
Options: Added at no charge--All weather floor mats
MSRP: $28,650
Destination Charge: $890
Dealer Doc/Handling Fee: $0
Total Vehicle Price: $29,540

Final Sales Price after discounts: $27500
Price after trade: $18500 ($9000 for trade in-all equity)
Taxes: $1110
Title/Tags: included in taxes

Haggle and $300 Honda Customer Cash
1.9% financing with honda

TOTAL OTD: $19610

State: AR
Trim: Sport Touring Hatchback
Tranny: CVT
Color: White Orchid Pearl
Options: Pro Pack--All weather floor mats/rear mat, wheel locks, splash guards
MSRP: $28,650 + pro pack $500= $29,150
Destination Charge: $890
Total Vehicle Price: $30,040
Dealer Doc/Handling Fee: $0

Final Sales Price after discounts: $27,100

Price after trade: $18,100
($10,500 for trade...used $9K down, rest for taxes for this car and one above)
Taxes: $0 covered with trade money
Title/Tags: included in taxes

Haggle and $500 honda cash for military as far as discount
1.9% financing with Honda

TOTAL OTD: $18,100

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Lol, I feel your pain, but hey good things are worth waiting for right?!?! I agree Hondas' allocation on these is a bit strange. Not sure how far you're willing to travel but there seems to be an inordinate amount of manual's in the Omaha NE area, or at least was a couple weeks ago.

Good luck with the hunt, Lunar silver really shows off the design of the car well.

I already bought an automatic LX hatch last year (did get silver at least). I've driven stick my whole life, but I live in a fairly large metro area and despite having been a stick defender most of the time, I have to admit that it is kind of a PITA in city / suburban traffic fest. My second car is still a 5 speed, and the more I drive both cars, the less I find myself liking the stick on a daily basis. It is fun once a week to drive it, but 90% of the time, the auto is superior given my driving environment. Grudgingly have to admit buying the auto was probably a better decision in my case. If I lived in a town of 10,000 people a couple hours from a major city, I'd have waited for or traveled to get a manual car.

By the way, the LX hatch has to be one of the best new car values out there. High teens money gets you a turbo, automatic car with decent features. The LX means you can add a hitch for a bike rack, whereas the Sport kills that idea. If you're frugal but want a car that isn't a penalty box, and you have an active lifestyle where you bike, etc, a Civic LX hatch is the way to go. My wife's EX-T sedan has a bunch of doodads my hatch does not, but really, that stuff is all fluff for the most part. The base stereo on my base hatch is every bit as good as her fancy pants unit now that I put tweeters in the sail panels for a few bucks, and I don't have the aggravating touch interface, either.

But I digress.

IcyStorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
State: CA
Trim: EX
Transmission: CVT
Options: Cargo Tray
Price: $21,752.19
Destination charge: Not sure, included into above price
Sales tax (9.5%): $2074.06
Title/tags/other: $343.75
Dealer processing fee: $80

TOTAL OTD: $24,250

Probably could have pushed for more stuff like splash guards, but oh well.

gxfett47

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Looking to buy a 2018 sport MT; so far I got a quote online for a white one at $20,555 before TTL and Fees, what do you guys think?

this thread is super helpful by the way

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback - What did you pay? IMG_1507-3

epleeds

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4D and soon to be owner of a 18 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Looking to buy a 2018 sport MT; so far I got a quote online for a white one at $20,555 before TTL and Fees, what do you guys think?

this thread is super helpful by the way

IMG_1507-3.jpg
I bought mine about a month ago in VA. I used costco buying service and was given a price of 19.6k before taxes and fees. The dealer was about an hour from me so I contacted a local dealer and they gave it to me for 19.3k before taxes and fees.

Plus it was the only manual around.

gxfett47

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought mine about a month ago in VA. I used costco buying service and was given a price of 19.6k before taxes and fees. The dealer was about an hour from me so I contacted a local dealer and they gave it to me for 19.3k before taxes and fees.

Hmm I've been seeing a lot of Costco services, Im going to look into that. I didn't even know they had that lol.

IcyStorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hmm I've been seeing a lot of Costco services, Im going to look into that. I didn't even know they had that lol.
I would read up on Costco Auto (and TrueCar). Costco basically has agreements with dealerships in place, and that dealership should have someone trained for this. They're supposed to present you with a Costco member-only price sheet that has the Costco price for it. Some dealerships will be scummy and just use the Costco thing as a way to get you in the door and try to add a bunch of optional stuff that drives the price up, or whatever.

Which is fine if you know what's happening and you can use it to your advantage. You can definitely take that price and use it at that dealership or another place to haggle it down.

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just got my '18 Rallye Red Sport MT for $21.5 out the door. I was willing to wait for one to come off the truck so I could save money on the "pro pack" that every dealership slaps onto the price, but turns out I didn't need to, they threw it in for free... same with the pinstriping and tinting. Same dealership quoted me an even lower price in January, under $21k, but I was still on the fence between a new Honda or a used GTI. Sooo, my waffling cost me a few bucks. Looking over the paperwork the actual price of the car was under 19k, they put it at a price for the TTL math to put it right at 21.5 on the dot.

I think they had more than 10 MT's in stock, so I'm thinking they just really wanted to get rid of one of them, and I got them at the end of the month, right before the new incentives came out (which were the same as the old incentives, of course). Financed the whole thing at .9%. And, I'm smiling the whole time I drive it.

One little gripe about this thread... I see a lot of people subtracting their trade-in to come up with the drive out price. To me, that means your drive out price was what you paid plus the value of the car that was traded in. Just my two cents.

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag

While the Costco price was good, I ended up getting it a few hundred cheaper through one dealer whow price matched another dealer online advertised price .

My local dealer barely went below MSRP and lost the sale.

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
New
State: Al
Trim: LX
Transmission: 6mt
Options: mud flaps (no extra charge), tint ($189)
Price: $19,180
Destination charge: $895 , included in above price
Sales tax : $395 (2%state)
Title/tags/other: $375 for tags and local sales tax and property tax
Dealer processing fee: $599

TOTAL OTD: $20,191

I also bought 120,000 /8 year bumper to bumper extended warranty for $1,367

gxfett47

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would read up on Costco Auto (and TrueCar). Costco basically has agreements with dealerships in place, and that dealership should have someone trained for this. They're supposed to present you with a Costco member-only price sheet that has the Costco price for it. Some dealerships will be scummy and just use the Costco thing as a way to get you in the door and try to add a bunch of optional stuff that drives the price up, or whatever.

Which is fine if you know what's happening and you can use it to your advantage. You can definitely take that price and use it at that dealership or another place to haggle it down.
While the Costco price was good, I ended up getting it a few hundred cheaper through one dealer whow price matched another dealer online advertised price .

My local dealer barely went below MSRP and lost the sale.
Thanks! I actually tried the Costco Auto pricing and they sent me a quote for $20,005 I believe which is $500 less so I'll deft have that to play around with

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
Thanks! I actually tried the Costco Auto pricing and they sent me a quote for $20,005 I believe which is $500 less so I'll deft have that to play around with
This pic is from Costco auto website . Says their dealer price on LX Hatchback is $19,500 (bottom right of pic.). Costco says they have deal to sell for $600 below that

My dealer said their price was about about $19,300. (He showed me the sheet)

I ended up getting mine for $18.9k direct from dealer as we don't have a local Costo dealer partner.

I did get a quote from a Costco approved dealer but it was for $19,500 or so. So I think they included "dealer options" sucH as pin stripping , mud flaps and/or paint sealer

Regardless I got a better deal withan the right salesperson at the right dealer . My local dealer wouldn't hardly come off MSRP for example

Hope this helps

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback - What did you pay? Screenshot_20180406-093139

gxfett47

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This pic is from Costco auto website . Says their dealer price on LX Hatchback is $19,500 (bottom right of pic.). Costco says they have deal to sell for $600 below that

My dealer said their price was about about $19,300. (He showed me the sheet)

I ended up getting mine for $18.9k direct from dealer as we don't have a local Costo dealer partner.

I did get a quote from a Costco approved dealer but it was for $19,500 or so. So I think they included "dealer options" sucH as pin stripping , mud flaps and/or paint sealer

Regardless I got a better deal withan the right salesperson at the right dealer . My local dealer wouldn't hardly come off MSRP for example

Hope this helps
Thank you! Im gonna go to a few local dealerships tomorrow morning and start getting some numbers and finally test drive one
Sponsored