Hatchback - What did you pay?

dannyo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 5MT
I think we're all fundamentally getting hosed, because we're buying a car the first month it's on a lot. But since the margin is lower on new cars, we're not getting like mega hosed, so that's nice. Props to the dude who got 2200 off, that's pretty rad.
Sponsored

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we're all fundamentally getting hosed, because we're buying a car the first month it's on a lot. But since the margin is lower on new cars, we're not getting like mega hosed, so that's nice. Props to the dude who got 2200 off, that's pretty rad.
Agreed! I've had mine for 1 month and 2 days now and love it. :thumbsup:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Sweet. Do you actually have it? Mine is being delivered still, so I have to wait.

I drove a 6MT LX model, and it kicked ass. Vroom! Huge pickup.

Wound up getting the Sport sort of on a whim, because it was the color I wanted and the price was about +$1000 on the LX quote I got from another dealer so why not.

I think I'll like the leather wrapped wheel, interior design differences & fog lights, but I don't think I'll notice the extra 6 horsepower or whatever. Also I think I would actually prefer 16" to 18" wheels just due to tire cost if nothing else but hey.
I pick it up today. I also wanted the leather wheel, and the rear fold down armrest - (that was one more ding against the new Impreza Sport). I was gonna take off the 18s and put 17s on, but now I'm not sure. I'll probably put a winter set on right away and see how it is. Not sure if I want 17s or 16s for winter either.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
was that a stick? Dealer told me they'd discount a CVT are lot more.

Anyway, yeah, buying one of the first 30 cars in the US, from Honda, you can't expect a big discount.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I pick it up today. I also wanted the leather wheel, and the rear fold down armrest - (that was one more ding against the new Impreza Sport).
Varmint, like I posted a few days ago, I'm pretty sure the Sport doesn't have a fold down rear center armrest.

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
was that a stick? Dealer told me they'd discount a CVT are lot more.
In my area haven't seen more than a discount of $450 on cvt.
Of the 6 Sports, only one has sold. I happened to be there last week
when the woman was picking up car.
We talked and she didn't know or was told anything about using Premium fuel. Sad :>(

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Varmint, like I posted a few days ago, I'm pretty sure the Sport doesn't have a fold down rear center armrest.
I think I missed that post. I saw it on the spec sheet so I assumed, damn. I'll check when I get the car.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In my area haven't seen more than a discount of $450 on cvt.
Of the 6 Sports, only one has sold. I happened to be there last week
when the woman was picking up car.
We talked and she didn't know or was told anything about using Premium fuel. Sad :>(
I think they meant non sport CVTs. I told the dealer yeah, 6MT Sport is rare, but so is the buyer for such a stripped vehicle.

dannyo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 5MT
I pick it up today. I also wanted the leather wheel, and the rear fold down armrest - (that was one more ding against the new Impreza Sport). I was gonna take off the 18s and put 17s on, but now I'm not sure. I'll probably put a winter set on right away and see how it is. Not sure if I want 17s or 16s for winter either.
Can you put 16s on a car that comes with 18s and a body kit, or do you lose too much clearance? I cant find any data on how high off the road the thing is & I don't have the car yet.

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I ordered my EX Hatch with sensing for $23,800 before TTL and trade in

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you put 16s on a car that comes with 18s and a body kit, or do you lose too much clearance? I cant find any data on how high off the road the thing is & I don't have the car yet.
Sure, the diameter of the tire doesn't change so it doesn't matter. Generally the only issue is brake clearance, but the car has tiny brakes so not a problem. :)

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You be right, my car doesn't have one. Basterds.

blubarracuda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX HATCHBACK
Country flag
Last night, I went to a dealership in Los Angeles, CA to test drive a Blue Civic Hatchback EX. After the test drive, we sit down and discuss the price. Eventually, they start the negotiation process at 31,818 OTD!!!!

The addons that i can remember are:

+$1,200 for protection package that includes scratch guards, nitro in tires, trunk tray, wheel locks, mud guard, and something else i might have forgot.

+$2,995 for "dealer markup." This seems like a new car premium tax. Granted the car is only a month old, it was one of two Hatchies in the entire dealership. Have you guys encountered this "markup?"

+$795 for Alarm System (optional).

After awhile, I told him that we were too far from a middle ground. I said the most i wanted to go was around 25k OTD, was i being unreasonable? Being that I'm in SoCal, I might need to shell out more than usual (sometimes i hate this State). He might have been able to drop to 27K OTD but it was still too high so i didn't really entertain the offer.

So am i being unreasonable for 25K OTD?

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
Went and looked at this one while getting my first oil change in my 16'. I'm going back Sunday with the wifey for a test drive and possibly purchase. An early Christmas present for the Mrs.

I like the Lx in the hatchback because it has the wheels but no infotainment system.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback - What did you pay? IMAG0844

xcx4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 1989 bmw e30 325i
Country flag
Last night, I went to a dealership in Los Angeles, CA to test drive a Blue Civic Hatchback EX. After the test drive, we sit down and discuss the price. Eventually, they start the negotiation process at 31,818 OTD!!!!

The addons that i can remember are:

+$1,200 for protection package that includes scratch guards, nitro in tires, trunk tray, wheel locks, mud guard, and something else i might have forgot.

+$2,995 for "dealer markup." This seems like a new car premium tax. Granted the car is only a month old, it was one of two Hatchies in the entire dealership. Have you guys encountered this "markup?"

+$795 for Alarm System (optional).

After awhile, I told him that we were too far from a middle ground. I said the most i wanted to go was around 25k OTD, was i being unreasonable? Being that I'm in SoCal, I might need to shell out more than usual (sometimes i hate this State). He might have been able to drop to 27K OTD but it was still too high so i didn't really entertain the offer.

So am i being unreasonable for 25K OTD?
Yea. I JUST got my EX for MSRP-1250. Honda automation. Ask for Daniel. Tell him alex referred you.
Sponsored