Hatchback - What did you pay?

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Today is a good day when I get to post in here..
Unfortunately I paid sticker price, couldn't bring any dealers cost down over here in SoCal.
but I negotiated 0% APR so I got that going for me..

State: CA
Trim: Sport
Tranny: 6MT
Color: Rallye Red
MSRP: $22,175.00
Sales Price: $
Dealer Fee: $80
Tax: $1946
Tag/Title/Fees: $265
OTD Price: $24,484

Same situation, dealers are NOT moving on the 6MT Sports, most around here were MSRP + Doc fees, I was able to get MSRP OTD (no taxes here).
Sponsored

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Post!
I "ordered" one:
State: NJ
Tranny: 6MT
Color: Blue
Options: N/A
Price: $19,725 (it was about 60 under invoice)
Price after trade: N/A
Document Processing Charge: $299 (this is ok for NJ, some are $599) I usually go to PA where it is regulated to $135
State and Local Taxes: $1416
License and Fees: $150, I am transferring old plates, I will dispute this becasue it should be $90+
Subtotal: $22465
Car was "ordered" around 4/20? it is expected in AUGUST!
If you're not at a high volume dealer it could be December before you see that car. The blue 6MT sports are extremely sparse. There is no such thing as "ordering" a dealer can put in a preference but if they are a low volume dealer Honda DGAF about their preference.

I put a deposit on mine in early March, my dealer was able to swap and get it in April. I had a deposit at a different dealership in early Feb and by the end of March they still did not have one allocated. That means if they had gotten one allocated in April it would have been arriving around July. If your dealer gets allocated a car in May (I think allocation was yesterday?) you will get it around August timeframe. If they didn't get one in the May allocation you're looking at Sept+.

It may be worthwhile to try to score the same or similar deal at a second shop so you have more chances to get the car.

lddacom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
I think I got ripped off big time.
SoCal
the car had 89 miles on it off the lot which I didn't notice.... Also a tiny paint chip on the front but not sure if it was on it when I drove off the lot.
State: CA SoCal
Trim: Sport Touring
Tranny: CVT
Color: WOP
Options: Free JDM Badge install, Honda 3 year/45,000 miles free oil change and free tires $495
Price: $26,690 ($29,150 msrp) Cash offer no financing.
Destination Charge: N/A

TOTAL OTD: $29,660
26,690 including destination fee? if Yes, then its ok price. Not great but below invoice. as far as 3y/45miles isnt that standard?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same situation, dealers are NOT moving on the 6MT Sports, most around here were MSRP + Doc fees, I was able to get MSRP OTD (no taxes here).
$21300 OTD (taxes included) here. When I made the deal my dealer was convinced the car would be easy to get because manual transmission cars are generally undesirable. It ended up taking them a month or so and I was worried they may try to raise the price after all the work but they stuck to their word.

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$21300 OTD (taxes included) here. When I made the deal my dealer was convinced the car would be easy to get because manual transmission cars are generally undesirable. It ended up taking them a month or so and I was worried they may try to raise the price after all the work but they stuck to their word.
Sounds like a good deal!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Settled at $21k plus fees for an Aegean Sport 6MT Hatch. Still waiting for them to get a build date/delivery date. Been a month since I put the deposit.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Settled at $21k plus fees for an Aegean Sport 6MT Hatch. Still waiting for them to get a build date/delivery date. Been a month since I put the deposit.
Same car I got, not a bad price, I believe allocation is this week, you should call Friday and see if they got one, if not ask if they've tried swapping.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I talked to him about getting a car from another dealer but he said that would require them to have a manual hatch to trade them and they don't have any. AZ has literally been screwed over when it comes to manual Sport's. I think I've seen maybe 5 total and all sell in hours.

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Manuals are rare everywhere!

Sucks but that's the reality... you have to be diligent and jump on one when you see it...

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to him about getting a car from another dealer but he said that would require them to have a manual hatch to trade them and they don't have any. AZ has literally been screwed over when it comes to manual Sport's. I think I've seen maybe 5 total and all sell in hours.
The closest one to me for quite a while was 400+ miles during the 8 weeks I was waiting. The only reason I got mine was due to a dealership in the area that had one coming in NEEDING a car from the dealership I had a deposit. The swapped the allocation for the car the other place needed.

Otherwise I'd still be waiting.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
26,690 including destination fee? if Yes, then its ok price. Not great but below invoice. as far as 3y/45miles isnt that standard?
I thought the same, that it was 3 years so I got an extension on mechanicals to 6 years 60k! I hit a double but no homerun, just glad I didn'. I wasn't great at all at negotiations, probably could have pulled a Sport.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know the car comes with a 6 year/60k mile powertrain warranty right? If they charged you extra for that, they ripped you off. Or are you talking about a maintenance package?

AegeanCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
You know the car comes with a 6 year/60k mile powertrain warranty right? If they charged you extra for that, they ripped you off. Or are you talking about a maintenance package?
Yah i'm talking about a maintenance package. Free oil changes, free tires, and free tire rotations.

dhdinh07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
State: WA
Trim: EX
Color: White
Options:
- $150 for dealer's protection package (they refused to take it out of the deal and said it was already applied, even though they were getting my car from some distribution center... but they did knock it down from the original $950)
- $1,895 + $189.50 tax for Service Contract (I didn't realize they tacked this on until after I signed the contracts, came back that night to cancel it)
Price: $21,709 (base)
Destination Charge: Not listed?
Tax: $2,251.48
Title/Tags: $390
Dealer (processing) Fee: $150

TOTAL OTD: $24,652.98 not counting service contract

EDIT: I should specify that the protection package included Perma Plate application, door edge film, and wheel well moldings.

jayxlee24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Accord EX coupe
State: CA (Orange County)
Color: White Orchid Pearl
Options: None
Price: $20,115
Destination Charge: (included in the price)
Tax: 8.78% ($1,766)
Title/Tags: $275
Dealer (processing) Fee: $80
Discounts: College Grad - $500

Out the door = $21,736

Purchased during Memorial Day weekend from Norm Reeve Honda in Huntington Beach. Financed through Honda with $2000 down payment and 0.9% APR over 36 months. How did I do as a first time car buyer?
Sponsored