Hatchback - What did you pay?

rondre3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lunar Silver Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
If they tell you all that is on the car, tell them you don't want it and won't pay for it if they put it on the car. They can remove it or sell it to you at the price you are willing to pay.
Not always that simple. Can't remove their tint and they don't want to remove their installed accessories because they can really believe they can turn a large profit off some poor sucker.

All good, I'm moving on to other dealers.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, if they won't drop the price then just find another dealer. Dealers who preinstall all this shit to make extra off you are probably not the kind you want to deal with anyway.

rondre3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
State: California
Trim: Sport Touring
Tranny: CVT
Color: Lunar Silver
MSRP: $29,175.00
Sales Price: $26,300
Dealer Fee: -
Tax: $21xx
Tag/Title/Fees: -
OTD Price: Approx $28,8xx

Thanks to the input of others on the forum, I was able to pay a competitive CALIFORNIA price on the car I wanted in the color I desired as well. Had an offer on the table for a Polished Metal ST but I REALLY wanted the Lunar Silver once I saw it and a dealer transfer would have cost me the invoice price ($27.4K). Drove 2hrs+ to get this vehicle and I'm very happy!

lddacom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
Got a great deal. Could not push down any more on some stupid fees like cleaning. But still a great deal considering these were selling almost 30k few month back.

State: NJ
Color: White
Sales Price: $24,959
Dealer Fee: $793 ( 489 destinations, 199 etching, ~95 cleaning, few more dollars for tire etc)
Tax: $1,736
Tag/Title/Fees: 312
OTD Price: $27800

rondre3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got a great deal. Could not push down any more on some stupid fees like cleaning. But still a great deal considering these were selling almost 30k few month back.

State: NJ
Color: White
Sales Price: $24,959
Dealer Fee: $793 ( 489 destinations, 199 etching, ~95 cleaning, few more dollars for tire etc)
Tax: $1,736
Tag/Title/Fees: 312
OTD Price: $27800
Wow...winner, winner chicken dinner!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hatch hype is going to end shorty with the Si about to release. Imo the perfect car Honda could make to meet all my needs doesn't exist.. A Si hatch would be the perfect joy.. ;)

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
The hatch hype is going to end shorty with the Si about to release. Imo the perfect car Honda could make to meet all my needs doesn't exist.. A Si hatch would be the perfect joy.. ;)
That's the boat I'm in, I want the upgraded interior/moonroof of the SI in a Hatch Manual trans. The engine I don't really care about since they are close enough.

tchen626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST
State: CA
Color: PMM
OTD Price: $31,000 (All fees included, too lazy to break everything down)

Accessories included:
Alarm
Moonroof visor
Window visor
Floor Mats- High wall
Cargo Mat (weather ones)
Door edge guards
Side body molding
Bumper mask

The first quote they gave me was $34,599

I also purchased an additional extended warranty (7 years/100k) for $1875.

lddacom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
Color: PMM
OTD Price: $31,000 (All fees included, too lazy to break everything down)

Accessories included:
Alarm
Moonroof visor
Window visor
Floor Mats- High wall
Cargo Mat (weather ones)
Door edge guards
Side body molding
Bumper mask

The first quote they gave me was $34,599

I also purchased an additional extended warranty (7 years/100k) for $1875.
I will only comment on extended warranty. If you never knew, you can negotiate it just like price of the car. They have MSRP and invoice price as well. Dealers have holdbacks on extended warranty just like a car. And i bet you they sold you not even HondaCare but some third party. Here are pricing you can get via internet for actually Honda care.

Attaching a file with pricing i found with a RI Honda dealer who sells these direct.. (dont need to buy a car from them)

Example.. D72 plan - 84/120k - $1,015 . And that is Original Honda care..

Attachments

kazfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion TC 2006
Hi All, possible future Civic owner here.

I got quoted $24,085 OTD for HB EX trim, no sensing. That sounds like a good deal? I've seen in this thread $23K OTD so I hope the dealer will come down to that.

Selling Price: $21,150
Tax: $2,115
No Trade In
Title/License (estimated): $670
Doc Fee: $150
Total OTD: $24,085

Last edited:

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Trim: LX (w/o Sensing)
Color: Sonic Gray
Options: N/A
Price: $19,069.00
Price after trade: N/A
Document Processing Charge: $80.00
State and Local Taxes: $1,675.54
License and Fees: $273.75
Subtotal: $21,098.29
Graduate Discount: -$500.00

TOTAL OTD: $20,598.29

How did I do? Other dealers around the area were very hesitant to beat this deal.
I got an emailed offer for 18,354 inc dest but before TTL. This is for Memorial Day. Can anyone help me calculate taxes for Texas? I'm about to go there, wish me luck!!

Last edited:

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got an emailed offer for 18,354 inc dest but before TTL. This is for Memorial Day. Can anyone help me calculate taxes for Texas? I'm about to go there, wish me luck!!
Taxes will depend on where you live not the state you buy it in.

Big E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
CivicXander is correct. You will not need to pay the Texas tax, but whatever state you reside. If you are financing the purchase, I am not aware of how you could lump in the sales tax into the loan. I suppose you could, I just did not think about it when I made my purchase - so I separately paid the sales tax.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
State: Texas
Trim: LX HATCH with Honda Sensing Safety Suite (available on all Hondas!)
Color: Polished Metal Metallic (think: a dark gray that pops)
Options: Theft Protection, Extended warranty on mechanical failures from 3 to 6 years
MSRP: $22 something
Destination Charge: $875.00
Total MSRP+Dest: $23.xxx
Cash price: $21,750
Discount to MSRP I saved about 2 grand

Bottom Line: I paid 20,700 OTD if you take out the 1 grand extra for the Safety Suite of Honda Sensing, it's 20,710 but bare-bones Hatch. The 1.5T evens the score or is the great equalizer and release valve incase I got ripped, for me and I was afraid of a jarring ride with the 18s. Ofcourse I had no idea this was the new, new Civics et al. Not bad for a second time new car buyer (first time was an 06 Accord and I got Reamed like the notebook paper, pre-internet research) with Honda Sensing!! (wasn't even considering HS). I went in set on buying a LX sedan with no or without Honda sensing for 19,5 driveout but that was for the sedan.(no clue about hatchbacks at all up to the point I went in a few days ago) This was the goal and mission. When I got there, I realized the Hatch is better looking with better integrated tail-light design that looks more seamless and less detached like the sedan, all the black trim up front and out back versus the chrome on the LX sedan, the 2 spoilers, actual rims and not hub caps. All that makes the car more expensive than an LX sedan for 19,5 OTD without any of this, especially the looks! Keep in mind, I paid 21,7 for the Hatch while I was looking for a sedan for 19,5. Whats the difference between 20,700 minus 19,500. That's 1,200.00 and I get Hatch versatility with actual rims, piano black everything exterior (black cloth) and a turbo engine?? Sign me up and take my money.

Like I said, I ended up spending 21,700 for a hatch with Honda Sensing and I wanted to scratch the HS bug! I almost made a huge blunder earlier this week when I closed on a red LX sedan but the finance guy stopped me and now I cant thank him enough!!

The drive home was unbelievable because the hatch, especially the rear taillights, the way they integrated them makes it just so beautiful!!! So glad I got this Polished Metal color which looks tons better with the black air vents, in my driveway than that red sedan with the hubcaps and no spoilers. I do not even notice the faux air vents and actually love them for standing out and they actually look great with the dark gray color!

Edit: I still got the turbo engine, the 1.5 T. And I'm a meat and potatoes as in engine (1.5t) and rubber (Hahngook)

Last edited:

tchen626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST
I will only comment on extended warranty. If you never knew, you can negotiate it just like price of the car. They have MSRP and invoice price as well. Dealers have holdbacks on extended warranty just like a car. And i bet you they sold you not even HondaCare but some third party. Here are pricing you can get via internet for actually Honda care.

Attaching a file with pricing i found with a RI Honda dealer who sells these direct.. (dont need to buy a car from them)

Example.. D72 plan - 84/120k - $1,015 . And that is Original Honda care..

I am aware of the HondaCare but my dealer said they dont carry that warranty. I have $0 deductible and comprehensive coverage.
Sponsored